Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 Vs XBone vs PC

Yep, the great console debate.

Happens every-time, 2 company's battle it out to try and release a better console than the other.

And then there is Nintendo doing its own shit.

Personally i hate consoles.

The lack of features and freedom compared to PC is astounding.

If we didn't have consoles, Gaming would be strides ahead from what it is now.

There are a lot of articles posted on the interwebs making good and bad points.

Here ps4

here xbone (Ha!)

What does psb think?

Xbone
    12.00%
    Ps4
    28.00%
    PC
    48.00%
    Nintendo
    0.00%
    I don't care.
    12.00%
    You talk about domination, but have you ever caress her spine with your fingertips, Bedded her for the night, or gotten lost in her beauty?

PC, if you like consoles you can get a controller for the PC, the PC has less DRM [email protected]#$#, you can play your mp3's, you can get far better performance, you dont need to pay for a service, consoles hold back gaming for the life of that console
    Master of the missed signals

Comment

I'll be getting either a PS4 or XBOne, unsure which yet.
      The guys at work are getting PS4s so I'll probably pick one of them up, but if I end up with an XBOne then I won't be too disappointed

Comment

I think consoles are great. I'm not too fussed about the latest PS4 / Xbox battle but will sit it out until prices come down and if no major issues pop up, will probably grab the xbox (mainly because that is what most mates will get)

Super easy to just plug it into the living room TV, throw in a game and off you go.
        You can have your mates around for beers and play 4 player FIFA or mario kart or whatever and have a great time, plus there is no messing around with settings, simplified controls instead of a million keyboard combinations, not worriying about upgrading parts and nowadays the xbox/ps4 replaces the DVD player and such for the TV anyway.

Yes, it isn't as powerful and doesn't cater for the cutting edge of gaming development - but that isn't my current gripe with games. The problem is that whilst graphics and power have been exponentially increasing, developers seem too fussed about putting in the latest super-ultra-mega-realistic sun glare, shadows and shading whilst forgetting about actually building a fun, lasting game with great gameplay and providing a decent challenge with single player that lasts longer than about 5 hours, or multiplayer that has decent suspense/excitement/thrill.

Some of the best games to play are still those such as Mario Kart 64, Zelda or Goldeneye/Perfect Dark - the gameplay more than makes up for the lack of bells and whistles.

Comment

I would prefer to have a system that doesnt need a new Graphics card for every new Battlefield. But then again for the premium you play for a game you on consoles that cost is probably offset. Other than that I think as a technical Computer guy I think you are forgetting that most people dont know how to swap out cards and install shit and get rid of viruses and shit. You plug the game in and you play, a 5 year old can do it , computers need a lot more savy.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

There isn't a single thing an Xbone or PS4 can do that my very modest PC cannot do easier.

This console generation isn't about "better", it's about consumer control and lock in. I don't want to throw a word like "stooge" around lightly, but I'm truly baffled by anybody willingly parting with cash for this shit.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
              There isn't a single thing an Xbone or PS4 can do that my very modest PC cannot do easier.

This console generation isn't about "better", it's about consumer control and lock in. I don't want to throw a word like "stooge" around lightly, but I'm truly baffled by anybody willingly parting with cash for this shit.
              No split screen on PC

You talk about domination, but have you ever caress her spine with your fingertips, Bedded her for the night, or gotten lost in her beauty?

Comment

I've been coming round to the idea of a media centre PC to play games on as I want to be able to play in the lounge so I'm open to the idea, but the plug-and-play convenience of a console has me a bit hooked. I also played FPS games on my old PC in the past and genuinely prefer using a controller over a keyboard/mouse, maybe because I associate it with sitting at a desk staring at a screen as opposed to from a couch a few metres away.
                Plus I play BF and COD online with the guys from work and they're all in the console crowd. It might baffle you, but not everyone wants to play on a PC.

Comment

It is a bit like the old PC vs Apple debate.

Yes, the console is getting the whole 'walled garden' just like Apple has already very effectively deployed - but that also comes with its own benefits.
                  Yeah the performance is slow, some features are missing, there isn't such a range of software or accessories - but man the whole system is so easy.
                  Plug and play, home media centre, its social (you can have a drink whilst palying with your friends instead of being some nerdlinger at a desk), it is uniform and not fragmented/splintered into a million different operating systems.

It just works

Comment

If the XB1 ends up having a PROPER online store (Like steam, no idea why everyone said it was a bad thing) I'll end up grabbing one around this time next year.

<-- Stooge. ^_^
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

In addition to the above, I spend a lot of my day working on computers, there's no way I want to spend my leisure time sat in front of one as well.
                      Anyone else find that?

Comment

Ill end up with a PS4 ( bluray player ftw) and a XBone.

I do prefer PC though.

Anything FPS or RTS is on the PC.

Sports games and racers i play on my consoles.

And the nintendo 3DS is saved for long car trips or when im to hunover to get out of bed.
                        A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

I've decided to order a PS4, which will be my first foray into Sony games tech. I had an original XBox and a 360, and I'm pretty sure I'm done with the MS consoles.

I'm mostly a PC gamer.
                          '====
                          //`
                          -Magilla
                          They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                          Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
                            Plug and play, home media centre,
                            Have you guys not seen the release telling you that your bluetooth devices won't work at all on PS4?
                            Or your USB devices?
                            Or your existing media library?
                            Or your streaming web services?
                            Or any of your existing toys that plug into a PS3 and should probably work just fine on a PS4?

Enjoy that "just works" environment I guess.

Also, with wireless controllers I'm perfectly capable of sitting on my sofa and playing anything in a 'social' type of setting, just as much as a console user may be.

You're objectively getting shafted with these new shiny boxes, sorry lads.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Have you guys not seen the release telling you that your bluetooth devices won't work at all on PS4?
                              Or your USB devices?
                              Or your existing media library?
                              Or your streaming web services?
                              Or any of your existing toys that plug into a PS3 and should probably work just fine on a PS4?

Enjoy that "just works" environment I guess.

Also, with wireless controllers I'm perfectly capable of sitting on my sofa and playing anything in a 'social' type of setting, just as much as a console user may be.

You're objectively getting shafted with these new shiny boxes, sorry lads.
                              My xbox plays games and DVDs. That is all I buy it for - and it does it for a reasonable price and no messing around - takes 30 seconds to setup... and when I get home I can be up and playing a game in 30 seconds, great. (although yes, they are trying to move more into a space to take over the whole home entertainment thing, will be interesting to see how that one turns out)

Works pretty well for what it is mainly intended for... don't really think it constitutes being 'shafted'... but if you don't want one, don't buy one.

Comment

Working...
                              X