Nutrition/meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition/meals

So believe it or not, I'm not actually a huge eater, a lot of my non-sexual girth has been deposited there by consumption of too much beer.
    Now aside from a single middy after work, I'm not really drinking at all, I've sincerely had enough of it so I know that is going to play a major part in my weight loss.
    Which brings me to the point of this thread:
    I'm quite happy eating a single meal a day, breakfast I never eat (it's either coffee or green tea), lunch I generally skip or have something incredibly small and for supper I'm having meat and veg with no sauces or creamy goodness.
    I know this is probably bad for me and I'll get people telling me I'll die of malnutrition but if I'm genuinely not hungry (having anything more than a snack for lunch makes me feel stuffed and bloated and I have to force it down), is there anything actually wrong with what I'm doing?
    I've just started exercising as well and I'm sure that will increase my appetite and fuel consumption but again, I'm not sure by how much and I doubt it'll be to the three meals a day extent.
    I'm a shade under 6'3 and at the start of the season weighed ~118Kg, which is what I've been for a number of years.
    Recently I've dropped some weight and am probably closer to 110 now.
    Any info or opinions guys?

non-sexual girth

I'm scared to ask what is Sexual girth is ?

Was thinking pregnancy, but......
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
      non-sexual girth

I'm scared to ask what is Sexual girth is ?
      Chicks dig it.
      That is all.

Comment

What do you do activity wise during the day/week Desmo?
        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Right now, not a lot as I've moved from diving to being a duty manager at the pub which is evening work.
          Beforehand was diving and swimming most of the day, lugging kit and tanks, moving about boats.
          Just fixed my bike so I have just started out with a 5km cycle per day to ease into it.

Comment

I Don't eat Red Meat. Drink Alcohol and I might eat take away once in 3 or 4 months.( Chicken Wrap n salad)

I live on Chicken and Grilled Fish and Salads and Vegetables and think that a lot of the Additives and Hormones and

stuff they put in food nowdays screws with your digestion and metabolism.

I weigh 65 kilo's and it Doesn't matter how much exercise I do I cant get back down to 62kilos.( What I weighed before

I gave up smoking 4 yrs ago)

Maybe its because I'm an Old fart now as well
            What You See

Comment

The single meal seems pretty bad to me. It isn't the malnutrition aspect, it is the metabolism factor.
              Your body is just holding onto all that energy and converting lots of it to fat because it knows that it won't get another proper meal for 24 hours.

You will at least be better off starting with a big breakfast and then small lunch/dinner. Laying off the beer will definitely help too, as will some weightlifting or bike riding.
              Personally I've found the easiest way to keep the weight off is breaking my eating down into 5 smaller meals (breakfast, 1st lunch, 2nd lunch, afternoon tea, small dinner) and olympic/power weight lifting, as well as a bit of cardio after each session (short, fast bike ride or sprints on the rowing machine).

Proper eating/drinking is 90% of the battle though.

Comment

Nutrition/meals

Food to me is something that I have to eat to stay alive, it's not something I particularly enjoy doing. Eating is a chore.
                The thought of eating five times a day is akin to having my nails pulled out by their beds and would never happen.

Comment

I was the same Desmo, didn't eat breakfast and small lunch and something a bit more substantial for dinner. Been exercising and eating breakfast, and found I'm getting more hungry. My thoughts are that my metabolism is speeding up, which I've been actively trying to do with eating more frequently and drinking a heap of water (3.5 to 4ltrs a day). Food for thought (bad pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    Food to me is something that I have to eat to stay alive, it's not something I particularly enjoy doing. Eating is a chore.
                    The thought of eating five times a day is akin to having my nails pulled out by their beds and would never happen.
                    Depression makes you feel like that .
                    What You See

Comment

im a believer in the zone diet.. basically its rules are

ratio carbs : protein : fat in a 9g : 7g : 3g in every meal
                      eat a mass of protein in grams roughly equal to half your body mass in kg ie: if you are 100kg then eat 50g of protein per day
                      eat protein and fat portion of a meal first (if its an option)

dont sugar up before sleep, the main purpose of the zone diet is to idealize the hormone balance for production of human growth hormone in the 1st REM sleep cycle.
                      do exercise especially of an evening (ie: immediately prior to the 1st rem sleep cycle)
                      source carbs from low G.I. high quality sources ie: if you source carbs from fresh veges rather than potato chips your vitamin and mineral intake will look after itself. Likewise with the fats, get your fat intake from omega 3 mono unstaturated sources contained in fish and nuts rather then butter and lard.
                      Last edited by g0zer; 04-11-2013, 01:24 PM.
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                        Depression makes you feel like that .
                        Granted, but this has been my view on food for many years, not just when I'm down in the shithole.

Comment

I would have thought having at least something for breakfast would be necessary to kickstart your metabolism for the day. Even if it is just some fruit.
                          Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            Granted, but this has been my view on food for many years, not just when I'm down in the shithole.
                            Once its ingrained with depression it is a Hard thing to change.
                            Been there done that.
                            What You See

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                              I would have thought having at least something for breakfast would be necessary to kickstart your metabolism for the day. Even if it is just some fruit.
                              I was actually just thinking that forcing an Apple or Nashi down my throat in the morning might be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X