Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earbuds - Recommendations?

Hey all,

I've had a decent set of earbuds for a couple of years now - Shure SE530's. They cost me around $500, have triple drivers etc but in all honesty I've never really taken to them. Treble seems a bit harsh and bass a bit lacking. And the replaceable memory foam rubber thingys never made for a really tight fit, which I think would be essential for good bass response.

Maybe my expectations were a bit high cause of how much I paid for them and that they were my first pair beyond those terribe things that came with my iPod. Maybe the issue is not the buds themselves but the memory foam being inferior.

So, can anyone recommend a brand/model? I doubt I would pay as much as I did for the 350's again so what do you reckon the "sweet spot" price point is re cost vs sound quality? And is there anywhere in Perth when you can go try them out? I would have thought that sharing demo ear buds is not a good idea re others ear wax so don't even know if you can.

I mainly listen to rock music; many many sub genres; mainly 320 bitrate MP3's. I know, I know...no need to tell me about my need for FLAC or how crap lossy formats are

Just buds please, got my headphones sorted - luv my Sennheisers.
    It didn't look that far on the map...

Anything by Etymotic will shit all over other brands. The ER-4's in particular are by and far my favourite buds. Go visit the guys at Headphonic in West Leederville, they'll take care of you. Everything they've sold me has been top notch and their service is unbeatable.

Comment

I'll second Headphonic, at there recommendation a few years ago I got some VSONIC ear buds and have been very happy.
      life's short, play hard.

Comment

Cheers. Just had a quick look at their website, seems pretty comprehensive.
        It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Adik View Post
          I'll second Headphonic, at there recommendation a few years ago I got some VSONIC ear buds and have been very happy.
          Yup. Try the GR02/07's cant remember which. But the 300 dollar pair are perfect.

Comment

v.happy with my ER-4 etymotics.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              v.happy with my ER-4 etymotics.
              How are these under a helmet, i'm using Sena headphones and at highway speeds I have to turn them up louder than probably is good :-(
              Last edited by darkfibre; 30-01-2014, 06:58 PM.
              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Brilliant. After eight years the cable was playing up on the right side and, before I fixed it, I was getting the shits with the sound cutting in and out. So I wore them without plugging them into the tunes just for the hearing protection until I got it sorted.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Etymotic HF5's needed to be turned down...great noise canceling ability.
                  All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                  #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                  Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Earbuds - Recommendations?

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                    How are these under a helmet, i'm using Sena headphones and at highway speeds I have to turn them up louder than probably is good :-(
                    Try some musician earplugs like the the Hearos/Ety high fidelities with the Sena before shelling out $100+ for earbuds. Cuts out the road and wind noise and smooths out those crappy little speakers. I've got the cheaper Etymotic MC3 and they are great but ears get sore after a couple hours so I swap between them and the Sena on long trips

Comment

I find these work well.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL
                        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Try these guaranteed to get 'the look'

Comment

Working...
                          X