Anyone into retro gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into retro gaming?

Anyone into retro gaming? What systems do you have, and favorite games etc.

I recently picked up a Sony broadcast grade CRT and the results I'm getting on the older consoles are outstanding (240p via RGB ).

Bangai-o on the Dreamcast has been taking up a lot of my time lately. A jap Sega Saturn will be my next purchase.

Oh hai! This is definitely where I parked my car!

I'm currently smashing out Raptor: Call of the Shadows on my dosbox. Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem 1+2 are also on current rotation.
    I also have an N64 party this weekend. 3 consoles all hooked up to projectors running Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart and Goldeneye at the same time.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

N64 with

Zelda ocarina
      Zelda majora
      Conker bad fur
      DK64
      Banjo Kazooie
      Banjo Tooie
      Goldeneye
      Perfect Dark
      Super Mario 64
      Mario Kart 64
      Star Wars Shadows
      Star Wars Racer
      South Park
      1080 snowboard
      Rush
      Last edited by Halo_2; 08-11-2013, 04:41 PM.
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

So many awesome N64 games. Think I'll get one, mod the video out to RGB, and fire up Mario Kart.

Comment

Screenshot from the Trinitron;

btw I have two Sony RGB monitors to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Comment

Dungeons & Dragons, Basic Rules. Favourite game was "Keep on the Borderlands", quick and easy for beginners to learn with.

Comment

Amiga
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Amiga
                I here ya, I scoff at there use of the term "oldschool" It was better back in the day when the programmers invented techno music that was so good it would make skill rex cry.

My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I still play Turrican 2 reasonably regularly:

best
                  platformer
                  ever
                  imho

Oh and as to retro systems I actually still have in hardware:

- Sega Megadrive
                  - Super NES
                  - Atari Lynx II
                  - PS1
                  - PS2 (retro yet?)
                  - Sega Dreamcast

Used to have an amiga, now just emulation. Emulation: MAME, Amiga, C64, Dosbox
                  Last edited by thro; 08-11-2013, 07:56 PM.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

1990 Williams Rollergames

1999 Williams Star Wars Episode 1

Comment

A mate used to have a Soul Edge arcade cabinet. I can't find them any more. That game rocked.

Comment

thread needs more retro amiga.

edit:
                        <3 amiga. music like that from a machine that was first released in 1987.

Comment

I used to have a Johnny Mnemonic pinball machine; sold it a few months ago as I'm saving up for a Tron

And I used to loooooove Xenon 2; going to have to try and find a download now...

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            thread needs more retro amiga.

edit:
                            <3 amiga. music like that from a machine that was first released in 1987.
                            a lot of the original drumnbass was made on amigas in protracker etc... also first cgi on tv in babylon 5 was made with a bunch of amigas and the video toaster graphics card!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayanami View Post
                              I used to have a Johnny Mnemonic pinball machine; sold it a few months ago as I'm saving up for a Tron

And I used to loooooove Xenon 2; going to have to try and find a download now...
                              Tron's going to cost you, last one I saw in the eastern states was $7,500

I' m on the look out for High Speed II The Getaway

Comment

Working...
                              X