Australian bank directed from overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian bank directed from overseas

Banks sent me txt messages to confirm payments. How can I receive these from overseas in order to direct monies as they don´t txt overseas providers? Other options then leaving a phone with a mate and call him while making the transaction?

Enable global roaming, problem solved.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

* problem $olved

Call the bank and ask them?
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Say I would be going away for a couple of years. That would then imply a contract running all the way through right?

Comment

Errr yes, if you want to receive phone calls you'll need a valid phone contract........

I'd suspect if you're just getting confirmation of payments though that could be achieved via email if it's an option offered by the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            * problem $olved

Call the bank and ask them?
            Doesn't cost to receive texts when roaming.

Originally posted by ripper1199 View Post
            Say I would be going away for a couple of years. That would then imply a contract running all the way through right?
            Change you current phone plan to a pre paid one that has 12 month validity of credit. Mine is Vodafone as they have the lowest cost 12 mth plan.

This allows you to keep the phone number active and you can receive texts. It's what I do, just for banking like you need.

Comment

Oh yeah and at the end of year i d just recharge via credit card to extend for another year isn´t it?

Comment

Netcode SMS can be bypassed via the link at the confirmation screen. They'll ask for your security questions instead.
                Originally posted by JIM.55
                knowlage dosnt always trumph

Comment

I'm currently living overseas the Australia bank I am with has no problem sending texts to a non-Australian phone number.
                  If you bank won't do it then go find another Aussie bank that will before you leave the country.
                  Doug

Comment

Well, cheers guys.
                    There seem to be multiple solution to my problem out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X