Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 4S vs iphone 5C - opinions?

Hi all
    I'm considering getting my better half a new iphone for xmas. She currently has an iphone2 (I think!)
    She is not a 'heavy' user. Apart from calling / texting, the main things she uses it for is facebook, browsing and photo snap shots.
    What I'm wondering is - is it worth coughing up the extra dough to go from a 4S to a 5C?
    A 5C will mean we will need to get adaptors to suit docks etc.
    I don't know if she will miss the features of the 5C if I go 4S, but the specs do meantion the 5C has 3x zoom for the camera.
    Also I don't know if I like the idea of buying a 'superceded' product when the 'new & improved' version has been out for so long and has new spec connectors etc.

I personally don't have any apple products so I am unable to make judgements on interfaces , OS etc.

Any thoughts / opinions?

Thanks!
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning lables and let the problem sort itself out...
    - Sarcasteacher

If you buy her the 4S I think she'll be able to use her iPhone 2 chargers, cables etc. but don't quote me on that. The 4 will also work on all the old ipod docking stations on stereo's etc.

If she's not a massive technophile then stick to the 4S I reckon.
    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Go the 5c. It will be a much faster phone and apple will support it with new features and is upgrades for longer.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If buying a new 5C costs too much, then go half way and get a secondhand iPhone 5. Look around and you'll pay around $500 for 32Gb one - about half the price of a new 5C, and not much more than what you'll pay for a 4S.

The different connector is a pain. Naturally, you'll be buying numerous cables and adaptors from Aliexpress.com.
        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by shaynus View Post
          Hi all
          I'm considering getting my better half a new iphone for xmas. She currently has an iphone2 (I think!)
          She is not a 'heavy' user. Apart from calling / texting, the main things she uses it for is facebook, browsing and photo snap shots.
          What I'm wondering is - is it worth coughing up the extra dough to go from a 4S to a 5C?
          A 5C will mean we will need to get adaptors to suit docks etc.
          I don't know if she will miss the features of the 5C if I go 4S, but the specs do meantion the 5C has 3x zoom for the camera.
          Also I don't know if I like the idea of buying a 'superceded' product when the 'new & improved' version has been out for so long and has new spec connectors etc.

I personally don't have any apple products so I am unable to make judgements on interfaces , OS etc.

Any thoughts / opinions?

Thanks!
          If you really loved her you would buy an iPhone5
          They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

I would say a 5 too (not a 5s or 5c)
            Basically the same phone as the 5c but in the same package as a 5s.

Comment

Working...
            X