Desktop speaker and sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop speaker and sub?

Not having purchased any in a while, I'm interested in your opinions of what are a decent set of desktop speakers.
    I have the stereo for stereo music things in the loungeroom but I'm in the need for a decent set of aforementioned speakers for gaming/music/TV/movies.
    I've always liked the Logitech stuff and would use again, 2.1 is all that's required up to and around the $200 mark.

Cheers guys.

EDIT: S/PDIF in a bonus.

For up to $200 you'll get a decent set of headphones, bonus is they'll cover the noise from the other resident of the grumpypants collective.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

+1 to good headphones. ATH-M50's. Sub-$200, foolproof cans.

Comment

Although I'd love to use headphones and get what you're saying, I need a set of speakers

Comment

Studio monitors?

Pro audio stuff is usually much better than consumer for the price.

Comment

I've been using a set of Logitech Z4's for about 6 years.

They aren't high grade and the sub doesn't go super low but they are fine for gaming. The controller has a headphone out socket as well so you can easily switch when required.

Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I picked up a Logitech z623 set (i think) for about $130.

Does me perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                Studio monitors?

Pro audio stuff is usually much better than consumer for the price.
                Disagree. Studio monitors under $200 are going to be cheap and nasty shit trying to imitate "studio qualities" you expect from a reference monitor.

Comment

Fair enough, haven't had experience with the budget gear.

Comment

aka Behringer.

Jim, you could be the bigger man and not escalate this domestic antagonism. You really, really could.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Surround Sound Speakers Z506

Probably the best Value for Money speakers.

Great sound, very loud and adjustable great base.

I run these on my PC set up, obviously I don't utilise the other two speakers for music, however they are still plugged in.

Great set up.

Got these from the ripoff guys for $109.00
                      Originally posted by Rich...
                      You got me in trouble...

Comment

If you are not too fussed about perfect sound quality, I did go the cheap and nasty way of finding older DVD player + Surround Speakers setup that also has optical input... I set one up for the spare room for my mom to watch movies off a Boxee media player... works a treat, 5.1 surround and boomy bass enough to watch movies and/or play game... music quality is not that bad, but won't consider it reference

Managed to picked one up for around $50 each off Gumtree...
                        "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 3pc 2 1 Speakers Subwoofer Multimedia Sound System | eBay

If you are going to spend a fair bit of money on speakers they may as well be wanky ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            Although I'd love to use headphones and get what you're saying, I need a set of speakers
                            i once heard that you should move air
                            Originally posted by Bendito
                            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X