Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 6

Righto, who has it?

Anyone managed to spend any time on it today?

I'm currently d/l the software update.

I have loved the series pretty much so far, so tonight, a few beers & GT6, is looking like a good night in. I d/l the demo when it came out & enjoyed it whilst it was still available, I can't wait to see how the game will stack up!

Let us know how it goes.
    I personally preferred Forza 4 over GT5, so interested to see how this goes in comparison.

Edit: Actually, just watched a review with game footage. Not impressed one slightest bit. IGN rated it well above what it deserves in my opinion based on what I saw.
    They gave it an 8, but I think it'd barely pass as a 6. The sound seemed to be appalling, graphics not that flash either.. and still no damage and a shitty noise to go with it still?? Bah! Not getting my money.
    Last edited by Mirkz; 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Gran Turismo 6

Downloading it now in the hope that I can easily set up races with people I know.

Car damage has never really bothered me... Gt series has always been about the driving physics. So long as I can go nuts with mods on a rear drive car and go drifting it's all good.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Gran turismo has been lacking with GT5 and GT6, they've let Forza sneak up and over take them. Hopefully they'll come out with something brilliant for PS4/GT7
        Will pick up GT6 tomorrow Hopefully an Aussie car pack will come out, HSVs and FPVs would be lovely

Comment

Paul Walker edition... the cars burst into flames now.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Haven't played 5 but did they ever fix the absolutely idiotic AI in Gran Turismo yet?
            Motorbikes run on fire and air. Its elemental -Matt Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Josh93 View Post
              Gran turismo has been lacking with GT5 and GT6, they've let Forza sneak up and over take them. Hopefully they'll come out with something brilliant for PS4/GT7
              Will pick up GT6 tomorrow Hopefully an Aussie car pack will come out, HSVs and FPVs would be lovely

Apparently GT6 still has way better handling than Forza 5.

Originally posted by pley3r View Post
              Haven't played 5 but did they ever fix the absolutely idiotic AI in Gran Turismo yet?
              No. This is what online play is for I guess.

Still, I think of GT as more of a toy box. The racing was always just grinding to get cars to play with.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeah I entirely agree. GT physics are awesome, Forza is still more of an arcade game in that aspect. Though given forza is on the Xb1 and GT on PS3, they've taken advantage of the more powerful system as the environment looks alot nicer in forza.

Comment

Have they done anything about the crappy engine noises? That was where I've always rated Forza over GT. The cars in that game at least sound like an approximation of the real thing. GT's cars all sound like blenders.
                  Last edited by Roger Explosion; 06-12-2013, 09:07 PM.
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I've completed the 2nd stage through the novice level. Took me an hour & a bit to do this.

At this stage, it's boring as bat shit.

I am only using the cars which come as automatic upgrades so I can build some cash & buy something decent.

Its the usual licensing requirement before you can proceed. VERY similar to GT5, the graphics seem a little sharper, there's more cars & tracks & the handling is quite sharp from the few cars I've driven so far.

I was REALLY looking forward to this, though until I get through the mundane shit, I'm giving this a 5/10. Hopefully this will change as the game opens up.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thro View Post
                    Apparently GT6 still has way better handling than Forza 5.

No. This is what online play is for I guess.

Still, I think of GT as more of a toy box. The racing was always just grinding to get cars to play with.
                    ^^^^^
                    this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                      Have they done anything about the crappy engine noises? That was where I've always rated Forza over GT. The cars in that game at least sound like an approximation of the real thing. GT's cars all sound like blenders.
                      I read engine noses are being fixed via an update.
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
                        I read engine noses are being fixed via an update.
                        The game doesn't look finished to me. I'll wait until they get around to that
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                          I felt the same with GT5 and no inclusion of metric units.
                          In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

This sounds like the same concensus as Forza, the games half finished.

Maybe both were quickly rushed through for console release/Xmas?
                            Master of the missed signals

Comment

whats not finish about the game?

There is more cars, more tracks, and new career mode which i'm happy that licenses now have an affect on the gaming unlike gt5.

i have completed 25% so far and i am impressed, were people really think the game would changed that much compare to gt5?

Comment

Working...
                              X