Can somebody give me a GPS crash course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody give me a GPS crash course

Got me a new garmin toy and am now somewhat overwhelmed how to get started as the internet has dozens of dead end links going from every tutorial with random programs doing this or that and maps that need to be *insert lots of nerd/hacker talk* and what not so looking for somebody who would kindly talk me through getting a map off the internet (or telling me whether that is even necessary) putting on 2 waypoints using this Garmin base camp, showing me how to get a whole journey off the internet think holland track or anything really, putting it on the device and then having the arrow pointing to where I need to go.

I am prepared to bring what ever you wanna drink. Shoot me a PN, I got time.
    Cheers

GPS Crash Course?

In 500m at the T-Intersection.....continue straight.

Comment

What model is it? I've written an SOP for the 60Csx and 62/62S versions for work i'll happily send it through if it'll help. Otherwise it's a piece of cake to show you
      Last edited by Macca; 17-12-2013, 08:09 AM.
      Originally posted by CBRsairz
      assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

do a search on You-tube... Many good user reviews etc of products on there... It can take you to some interesting places though.
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
          What model is it? I've written an SOP for the 60Csx and 62/62S versions for work i'll happily send it through if it'll help. Otherwise it's a piece of cake to show you

Yeah man it is a 62s. I´ll send you a PM with my email adress. That would be awesome for a start. If I am too stupid I´ll call you again

Comment

PM and email sent mate, 62s is quite a good model although compared to the 60Csx the battery life is absolute shit (8-10hrs as opposed to the 25-30 hrs i got with the 60Csx)
            Originally posted by CBRsairz
            assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Just follow the verbal instructions....you'll end up in the river sooner or later
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Working...
              X