Renting and ant infestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting and ant infestation

I have these cunts in my unit and the real estate are refusing to do anything about it.
    Monomorium destructor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    They are eating fucking everything, biting the shit out of me and generally making life really shit.
    Where do I stand on this?

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
    I have these cunts in my unit
    your lucky i know blokes who'd love to have a cunt in their unit.
    cunts are warm wet and fun to play with
    you should try to sell them nice cunt are worth a lot of money.
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Burn the house down.
      Blame it on the ants getting into the electrics.
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I have these cunts in my unit and the real estate are refusing to do anything about it.
        Monomorium destructor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        They are eating fucking everything, biting the shit out of me and generally making life really shit.
        Firmly.

Any problem relating to the condition of the house is up to the agent to fix on behalf of the owner (hence them employing a property manager) if it is affecting you living comfortably in the property. I killed off ants in my rental for the tenant, as I am going to be moving in and didn't want them either. My pest inspector picked it up, advised me on what could be done, and I did it. Tax deduction anyway.

Give 'em hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
        Burn the house down.
        Blame it on the ants getting into the electrics.

Comment

Just give them enough food and they will leave u alone
          RIP
          RYAD
          RIP
          🌹

Comment

Have you found out where they are coming from ?

Good old boiling water in the nest slows them the fuck down.

Surface spray can also deter them.

And if they do as the wiki says and fuck up the structure then it is the real estate agents job to sort that shit out.
            A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Property for Rent Pest Control and Who is responsible?

Borderline.

Unless you have somehow caused the infestation (good luck proving that you haven't - if they're eating your stuff maybe your stuff being there is the cause of the infestation? ) I'd say that would tend to indicate that the landlord is responsible.

But it also looks like it's not conclusive.

Unless you feel like lawyering up, I'd say its time to find somewhere else.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

looks like your neighbour is playing hard ball
                Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

A trail of honey into your neighbour's unit?

Comment

find the ant colony and make art out of it?

"Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

The only thing that has really been effective on our coastal ants is Amdro Amdro Granular Ant Bait - Masters Home Improvement. It is bloody expensive ~$80 for a decent size container, but it really does work. Need to be very careful around kids though. Alternatively, and this might make you think twice about diet drinks, .... The World's Best Ant Poison
                      Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I believe you stand firmly in the whinging pom camp on this one.

If I was you I would watch the Alien Quadrilogy, shrink myself down to ant size, enter the queens lair with some sort of tiny Flamethower (which you could either have already shrunk down with you or have built once shrunk to save on parts), and then when the ants go near something you love yell "get away from that you bitch!" and flame away.

Option 2 would be to dig a tiny moat all the way around your place, fill it with honey, and every time an ant gets caught say something witty like " Its seems you have been trapped by your greed my little friend, oh you can struggle all you want but your colony cant help you now" Try stroking a small animal while you say this and then laughing manically.

Option 3 is to of course get some ant spray but thats boring.
                        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                          The only thing that has really been effective on our coastal ants is Amdro Amdro Granular Ant Bait - Masters Home Improvement. It is bloody expensive ~$80 for a decent size container, but it really does work. Need to be very careful around kids though. Alternatively, and this might make you think twice about diet drinks, .... The World's Best Ant Poison
                          According to snopes...
                          http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/antpoison.asp

Comment

Burry your noisy neigbour up the opersite corner in his block
                            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Should I bring some ant sand? or just some RID?

Comment

Working...
                              X