Scalextric!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric!

I just bought Mr Daise an analogue set for Christmas, and am already looking at buying extension kits and other bits for it. The site itself is uber confusing for a noob (as there are different pieces for different sets), so I'm hoping the PSB Slotcar Aficionados may be able to help?

Here's the track I bought:

I'm looking at buying a straight lane-change piece (to replace the swipe), and to somehow change the crossover to a bridge if we wanted to.

Any tips/advice?
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Staright lane change over (C7036) will provide track change, its a standard 350mm length.

To add a bridge so as to remove the cross over, you'll need to extend the track a little, that curve is way too tight to include a bridge. Suggest you get 3 standard striaghts (C7036) to go with the track cross over and you'll have enough room to install a bridge. The bridge it self you can purchase from any decent hobby shop.

The chicane can stay - they're fine.
    Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

Thanks dude.

This is what I love about PSB: ask a question about *insert subject here*, and there's someone guaranteed to know their shit.

Comment

I would very much like to build a track that required this:

Comment

Off topic a little
          A few weeks ago I was asked by a mate to help deliver some sheets of wood to another mate of his
          Turns out he is building a scale replica of Bathurst in his BIG double garage including pits and elevation etc.

I expressed an interest in seeing it when it was finished
          It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
            I would very much like to build a track that required this:

That's a half length (175mm) triple stack. Easy as....... I've got 100metres of track!
            Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

Hit up Stanbridges in Maylands. That place is a mecca for this sort of thing.
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

MMMM SLOTTIES..

OH WTF????

Transported ( Not trainspotted) back to xmas 1970...thnx yoo all !!
                " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                  Hit up Stanbridges in Maylands. That place is a mecca for this sort of thing.
                  Guess where I bought it from? They didn't have much in stock in terms of track lengths, but were happy to order it in if I supplied part numbers.

Never set foot in there before (it's 5 mins from my place), but I had to avert my eyes from the $800 RC dune buggy :o

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                    Guess where I bought it from? They didn't have much in stock in terms of track lengths, but were happy to order it in if I supplied part numbers.

Never set foot in there before (it's 5 mins from my place), but I had to avert my eyes from the $800 RC dune buggy :o
                    Must have had a few changes over the years. I used to get tons of stuff there when I was younger and they were really on the ball when it came to getting stuff in (never was asked for part numbers)
                    Can you help with foster care?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Yah. I did grab what I thought was the right stuff but they were other brands (I thought they were interchangeable).

I was referred to use the track builder on the Scalextric site but it's not working

That's why I'm asking here

Comment

Originally posted by GSX IN SHED View Post
                        MMMM SLOTTIES..

OH WTF????

I got taken back to Strombecker's in Barrack Street. Circa 19??

Awesome Daise!

Comment

You can normally get change over pieces to go between different brands of tracks.

We have a digital setup that I like to get out from time to time... takes up lots of space tho...
                          Ride ride ride.

Comment

I had Scalextric stuff when I was younger, think it was my dad's though. Anyway we had the typical figure 8 track with a small bridge. Was pretty cool.
                            Would've always loved to have a huge room one day set up with that kind of stuff..Just takes up so much room though as previously mentioned and can become costly when you really get into it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX IN SHED View Post
                              MMMM SLOTTIES..

OH WTF????

Christmas 1964 for me, my brother and I got a Scalextric set with a Ferrari Berlinetta and an Aston Martin DB5 with working headlights. Advanced stuff in those days. We ended up disabling the headlights as we worked out that they slowed the cars down. Happy Days
                              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Working...
                              X