Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone partnered with a builder on a development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone partnered with a builder on a development?

Wondered if anyone had partnered with a builder to develop their block? I can sub divide the block but to do so means doing some reno works to the existing house?

I'm thinking of trying to partner with a builder that can complete the reno works on the existing home, build a new one on the rear of the block and come to an arrangement to split the profits at the end.

I've heard of instances where builders will take an existing home block demolish and build 2 new homes keeping one and giving the other back to owner, but don't really wish to go this route.

Appreciate any feedback people may be able to give.
    Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

Yes but not here in WA. The key is to find someone you can a) work with b) trust and c) has previous work they're willing, and proud, to show you. Any prospective partner that shy's away from meeting and sharing with you, and willing to put it all in writing, is better off not being involved. You will have difficult conversations so make sure you have the details in writing and that you find someone easy to work with.

In our case it was a triplex and we split one property each and one sold to cover costs.

HTH

Comment

I've heard of one company looking into/planning on doing this.
      Mi construct is that company.
      Originally posted by Desmogod
      Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

0434359402 give me a ring and I should be able to sort it out for ya
        RIP
        RYAD
        RIP
        🌹

Comment

Get in touch with Mark from Cornerstone Home Builders. He's a great guy and doing exceptional work. Just completed a project like you described. http://www.cornerstonehomebuilders.com.au/ I don't know about his ability to finance the project the way you want to though.

Comment

Hi will give you a call in the new year for a chat.

Originally posted by palo27 View Post
            0434359402 give me a ring and I should be able to sort it out for ya
            Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

Comment

No prob, anytime
              RIP
              RYAD
              RIP
              🌹

Comment

Working...
              X