• Show
Clear All

• internet trojan probs....urgent

I have been trying to get rid of

qvo6
    and now
    globososo

things on my start up.....

even spybot finds stuff but can remove..

urgent help needed...payment in alcohol or even cash
    A site all parents should check regulary
    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

What operating system you use? If Xp go to run type msconfig.exe then run the sytem in diagnostic mode and do a system restore to before the pests were there. Not sure how to do it with other operating systems.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like you've been rootkitted.

Try the following first
      Download Malicious Software Removal Tool from Official Microsoft Download Centre

Then run your normal anti-virus; assuming you have one... if you dont have one:
      Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If it's still fucked; try this:
      Download the following CD; and boot your computer up from it.
      Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

(direct link to the ISO: http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com..._rescue_10.iso)

Once your computers running from it; make sure you update the virus definitions; could take some time.

Then run the full scan (will definitely take time)

If Windows XP
      Consider migrating to a newer OS; because end of extended support is coming up this April which means you're fucked
      Last edited by Jon1; 28-12-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

well I ran the first download and it said no malicious stuff on system...

(+)

Comment

msconfig.exe and run in diagnostic mode to do a system restore...

Comment

I think you just sent a response in latin....

- - - Updated - - -

if I run a system restore do I loose all my programs installed

(+)

Comment

Backup everything & do a clean build. Not being sarcastic but it's really the only way.
              The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
                Backup everything & do a clean build. Not being sarcastic but it's really the only way.
                Then, do another backup so if this happens again it doesn't take so long to get a clean install back on.
                Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Install malwarebytes (say yes to trial pro edition) then reboot windows into safe mode, then run a full scan including memory scan (memory scan only in pro).
                  Next run anti virus software
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

System restore leaves all programs intact but takes your machine back to a time before it was infected.

Comment

If you're running Windows XP it is now well and truly time to fuck it off and upgrade to either Windows 7, a Mac or a Linux distribution, as software requirements dictate.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Take your PC off the internet, download all patches on a different computer, rebuild, patch, install AV & anti malware, then connect, update again, then restore your data.
                        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

you guys do realise that I speak neither latin or geek speak.....

I a running windows 7 with stop zilla and just ran spybot which told me I cannot remove the probs as I have to be administrator....I am adminstrater

(+)

Comment

If your starting again best to download "untouched/non activated" win 7 sp1 with updates (torrent) that way its doesn't take forever downloading 1GB+ of updates and endless reboots.

Taz a box would have popped up asking to run as admin click yes for spybot only if it didn't pop up suggest run in safemode press f8 lots as the pc is booting before windows loading screen.
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

The way to deal with administrator access is this:

Create 2 accounts - one you use which is NOT an administrator, and the admin account which you never log in with.

If you need to run something as administrator to install it, right click the program, and select "run as administrator" then type in your admin account details when prompted.

Running logged in as administrator (or an account with admin privs) is just asking for trouble.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X