Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign to abolish selling live animals at market pet shops

Watch this first:

Blame the damn onions & go here and sign the petition: http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...share_petition.

There's a Facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boyco...28895497189444
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

I wanted to start a petition on change.org for change.org to stop sending me things to sign, even after i'd unsubscribed.

Comment

Fuck off you hippy cunts.

If you don't want to buy a pet from a pet shop, then don't buy a pet from a pet shop.

If you don't want to buy a pet from a "puppy farm" then ensure you know where the puppy you're buying from the pet shop is coming from.

But don't remove everyone else's ability to, durrr, go buy a pet from a pet shop.

Arseholes.

plus what maxo said. Change.org = totally ignored by anyone who counts, makes people feel warm and fuzzy by clicking on something, annoying as hell forever afterwards as every damned bleeding heart twisted knicker gets slammed at your inbox until the end of time.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

What's with all the sandy vaginas today girls?
        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
          plus what maxo said. Change.org = totally ignored by anyone who counts, makes people feel warm and fuzzy by clicking on something, annoying as hell forever afterwards as every damned bleeding heart twisted knicker gets slammed at your inbox until the end of time.
          Makes me wish I'd thought of the idea for the site, I'd be loaded by now

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
            What's with all the sandy vaginas today girls?
            Sick of more and more restrictions and rules being placed on my life and the lives of those around me. Pointless rules made on the basis of emotion and popularity. Erosion of freedoms for the sake of whining bleeding heart idiots.

Don't like the stop and search rules? Don't like what's happening in Queensland if you ride a bike with a mate or two? Then don't do this kind of shit because it's exactly the same damned thing.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Fuck off you hippy cunts.

If you don't want to buy a pet from a pet shop, then don't buy a pet from a pet shop.

If you don't want to buy a pet from a "puppy farm" then ensure you know where the puppy you're buying from the pet shop is coming from.

But don't remove everyone else's ability to, durrr, go buy a pet from a pet shop.

Arseholes.

yep, thanks i vote this option too

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I'm not against the idea, I mean look how well Prohibition went for society. We'll simply purchase animals from legitimate people's backyards and battery farms and stuff.

Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

would probably make more sense to begin an education campaign on the care and treatment of animals...

you could say why get an animal from a pet shop when there are rescue agencies with animals that need homes, but have you ever tried to get one from them? once they have possession of an animal they don't really want a new home for it, they just use that as an excuse to whine about the cost of keeping it and how they're doing such great things and nobody appreciates them only slightly sarcastic

why do they buy animals from pet shops and markets? maybe because they want one and the other avenues are a pain in the arse, if it's because they don't know any better or understand the responsibilities and requirements of purchasing that animal then you get back to my original point
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Sick of more and more restrictions and rules being placed on my life and the lives of those around me. Pointless rules made on the basis of emotion and popularity. Erosion of freedoms for the sake of whining bleeding heart idiots.

Don't like the stop and search rules? Don't like what's happening in Queensland if you ride a bike with a mate or two? Then don't do this kind of shit because it's exactly the same damned thing.

Well said

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

you could say why get an animal from a pet shop when there are rescue agencies with animals that need homes, but have you ever tried to get one from them? once they have possession of an animal they don't really want a new home for it, they just use that as an excuse to whine about the cost of keeping it and how they're doing such great things and nobody appreciates them only slightly sarcastic

been there done that got the t-shirt and made to feel second class !

then they give the dog to an older gent,the dog promptly escapes on 3 occasions

like i care, i got this little bundle of fun

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

why do they buy animals from pet shops and markets? maybe because they want one
                        You got it- go to the shops for a pint of milk, see a dog, "I want one of those too.", no thought involved....
                        6 months later, pull up in a deserted street, dog goes out the door and drive off.... nice one!

There should be rules about this because innocent animals need help from dim-witted fuckwits who can't figure out some basic shit for themselves.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Originally posted by peter600 View Post
                          You got it- go to the shops for a pint of milk, see a dog, "I want one of those too.", no thought involved....
                          6 months later, pull up in a deserted street, dog goes out the door and drive off.... nice one!

There should be rules about this because dim-witted fuckwits need to be controlled!

Gee, that's what my father in law calls motorcyclists.

Comment

Probably shouldn't have been so harsh. My wife has bought two dogs from pet shops.... :o

despite conversations beforehand that we wouldn't do that.....

in mitigation, we did actually want the pups ^_^

and she said she wouldn't do it again...
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Originally posted by peter600 View Post
                              Probably shouldn't have been so harsh. My wife has bought two dogs from pet shops.... :o

despite conversations beforehand that we wouldn't do that.....

in mitigation, we did actually want the pups ^_^

and she said she wouldn't do it again...
                              pet shops in shopping centres? yeah i'd be inclined to agree with you.

not a fan of puppy farming either, but breeders are only fooling themselves thinking farming a "pure" breed makes them superior.

my experience of pet shops is probably different to yours, well most peoples really i guess, i've dealt with the same local one in the industrial area for over 20 years, they have anything you could need from food to bedding, advice and medicines for minor ailments and those who can't afford a trip to the vet, they have some puppies and kittens along with rabbits, guinea pigs, birds etc etc

they have a notice board where lost and found pets are advertised, they will put you in contact with a registered breeder if you're looking for a particular breed, it's a pet shop whether you're buying a pet or for your pet, but i doubt you'd be passing for an impulse buy.

a lot of their dogs and cats are found litters, they get a vet check and all the vaccinations etc and priced similarly to an adoption fee, they're actually more likely to find a home via the pet shop than some of the well meaning rescue volunteers.

we all have our opinions i've had to straighten out the training of some pretty messed up dogs from owners with the best of intentions, hence my education before legislation beliefs.
                              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Working...
                              X