Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Might it be a good idea to find the right agent, discuss with them what you need before you actually identify the property you're discussing, and when you're convinced you have the right person, let them help you with your contractual issue?
    www.hurtlegear.com.au

    Comment


    • A friend is looking for a 3x2 or greater with a double lockup garage, that doesn't need more than $50,000 spent on it, has a bit of space around the house so parties aren't annoying neighbors, exists between Hepburn Ave/Perth - Wanneroo Rd/Ocean and doesn't cost much more than $600,000.

      Wishful thinking?
      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

      Comment


      • You can get a 3x1 and possibly even a 3x2 in Osborne Pk for that kind of money.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Taylor View Post
          A friend is looking for a 3x2 or greater with a double lockup garage, that doesn't need more than $50,000 spent on it, has a bit of space around the house so parties aren't annoying neighbors, exists between Hepburn Ave/Perth - Wanneroo Rd/Ocean and doesn't cost much more than $600,000.

          Wishful thinking?
          Price is not an issue, there are quite a few houses in that area in that price range. The problem is that whole area is suburbia and you won't get far enough away from your neighbours to be able to party indiscriminately.
          Adventure before Dementia

          Comment


          • You could get 800 sqm with a huge garage out the back in Coondoola for $450,000
            -

            Comment


            • Originally posted by agrid View Post
              You could get 800 sqm with a huge garage out the back in Coondoola for $450,000
              Whats the commute like from koondoola (or equivalent) to the cbd. would you be put on suicide watch after 6 months?

              In a cage/public transport.

              Comment


              • I've never done it but given that no one out there has a job in it shouldn't be too bad.

                Google Maps reckons 32 minutes right now, 8:15am
                -

                Comment


                • Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  I've never done it but given that no one out there has a job in it shouldn't be too bad.

                  Google Maps reckons 32 minutes right now, 8:15am
                  I am wondering what will be the quickest way from Marangaroo to Osborne Park. I am thinking I may be better off cutting down through Erindale and such as the idea of Wanneroo rd isn't very appealing. Probably leave around 730 but don't think that will help me.

                  But yes, Koondoola has wicked value for money and would be an excellent long term investment, but it is a scary place if you were to use it as a ppor. Every house I looked at there had automatic shutters/alarms/cameras and all that. Marangaroo, whilst not exactly the Upper east side of Manhattan, was a bit nicer so went there.

                  I still rate Girrawheen as best bang for your buck for investment NOR, though the boat is rapidly sailing as prices start to crack $450k...

                  Comment


                  • If the property market is over cooked why are the Chinese piling in? Tax avoidance? They seem to think Australian apartments are a good buy even if they sit empty indefinitely. The Chinese ain't no dummies, but I don't see their angle.

                    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-0...-rules/5325190
                    Originally posted by JIM.55
                    knowlage dosnt always trumph

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mutiny! View Post
                      If the property market is over cooked why are the Chinese piling in? Tax avoidance? They seem to think Australian apartments are a good buy even if they sit empty indefinitely. The Chinese ain't no dummies, but I don't see their angle.

                      Chinese property investment to be examined as House Economics Committee reviews foreign investment laws - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
                      Dont quote me on it but i think the barriers to entry for the chinese have been lowered by the Australian Government. There were rules in place regarding what can and cant be done - someone correct me if i am wrong however but i heard these rules have been changed to make it easier for them to invest here?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mutiny! View Post
                        If the property market is over cooked why are the Chinese piling in? Tax avoidance? They seem to think Australian apartments are a good buy even if they sit empty indefinitely. The Chinese ain't no dummies, but I don't see their angle.

                        Chinese property investment to be examined as House Economics Committee reviews foreign investment laws - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

                        The Chinese are like drunken sailors, they have too much money and just want to buy something.

                        I visited a university in this town, Zhengzhou, about 15 years ago. The students were very excited because their professor was the first one to buy a car.

                        Now they have built a ghost town.

                        -

                        Comment


                        • You say ghost town, i say perfect race track!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by agrid View Post
                            The Chinese are like drunken sailors, they have too much money and just want to buy something.
                            I suspect given the uncertainties of their country, they are very eager to get their money out. Hiding their money somewhere as safe as Australia would be very attractive to them - regardless of the returns.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sn0wcr45h View Post
                              You say ghost town, i say perfect race track!
                              Actually it was only 11 years ago when I was there and here's what it looked like.

                              -

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mutiny! View Post
                                If the property market is over cooked why are the Chinese piling in? Tax avoidance? They seem to think Australian apartments are a good buy even if they sit empty indefinitely. The Chinese ain't no dummies, but I don't see their angle.

                                Chinese property investment to be examined as House Economics Committee reviews foreign investment laws - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
                                Because they don't trust their own government.

                                People might not like whatever government that we have in Australia at a particular time, but we do know that you buy a piece of real estate now then you'll still legitimately own it in 5, 10, etc, years.

                                Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                                I suspect given the uncertainties of their country, they are very eager to get their money out. Hiding their money somewhere as safe as Australia would be very attractive to them - regardless of the returns.
                                This.
                                One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

                                My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X