This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJMac View Post
    Do you use a broker? Can be worthwhile to use someone not tied to the products of your own bank. I am one, so of course I would say that, but we have access to broker only lenders (as well as the retail ones), which often have very sharp rates.
    Yeah we went through a broker when we did our investment property in NSW and they got us a reasonable discount from Macquarie
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• If your loan is sub 80 LVR (at least 20% equity) and loan amount greater than $350k you should be able to get CBA down to around 4.09-4.2% Bargain hard with them

(I had the above example approved today so it should give you a fairly accurate idea as to where they are at with discounts)
      Originally Posted by Roger Explosion
      Doesn't apply to Honda Cubs, due to their ability to carry up to 12 Asian family members.
      If there were more than 4CPB though....

Comment

• glencore news have hit Mt isa and surrounding pretty hard. wouldnt want to have debt in that neck of the woods (or be looking for work)

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
          Yeah we went through a broker when we did our investment property in NSW and they got us a reasonable discount from Macquarie
          From the feed back on here, I think that'll be the way we go. I'm doing my own leg work initially to at least get a feel for whats out there interms of rates and fees. Then I think I'll start asking around.

Originally posted by HarleyR View Post
          If your loan is sub 80 LVR (at least 20% equity) and loan amount greater than $350k you should be able to get CBA down to around 4.09-4.2% Bargain hard with them

(I had the above example approved today so it should give you a fairly accurate idea as to where they are at with discounts)
          Hmmm. . . .we're 10% at the mo with another 2% in the offset. Hoping we can get close to that!

Thanks for the feedback all

Comment

• Property

Originally posted by HarleyR View Post
            If your loan is sub 80 LVR (at least 20% equity) and loan amount greater than $350k you should be able to get CBA down to around 4.09-4.2% Bargain hard with them

Had a meeting with my broker last night and he assured me < 4.16% with LVR 62 +16% offset.
            Hoping for close to 4%, currently on 4.48.

What are people thoughts on fixed rates?

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyR View Post

Good to see one of the big guys down around that.
              Always in the market for something better, moreso since the rate increase for investment property loans.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06sti View Post
                What are people thoughts on fixed rates?
                If you fix now the banker should be buying you a really nice bottle of scotch. Rates will drop again.
                Originally posted by Desmo
                Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                  If you fix now the banker should be buying you a really nice bottle of scotch. Rates will drop again.
                  The official rate may change, but it's not looking like the banks are going to be following suit for much longer...?
                  Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                  Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

• Fixed rates is more than just the actual rate tho. The Westpac move certainly hasn't made it any less likely that the next move will be down, but fixing rates if you're highly geared or otherwise sensitive to rate changes could be worth it.
                    There's some pretty decent fixed rates around atm and I'm writing a bit of 2 year fixed, both on purchases and refi.
                    Having said that, there's still plenty of variable.
                    Horses for courses and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
                      The official rate may change, but it's not looking like the banks are going to be following suit for much longer...?
                      Every drop this year has been matched by most lenders. People will talk about that endlessly but it's still not going to happen.
                      Originally posted by Desmo
                      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Seems pointless for the rate rise then cut.

So my rate is going up 0.2 this month, then if they cut next month it may go down 0.25, leaving me exactly where I started.

9 more years and the bank can go suck a lemon.

Comment

• Pointless unless you're a bank pocketing the extra 0.2%.
                          Cunts.

Comment

• With interest rates this low, it begs the question whether additional repayments are actually a profitable choice, versus other investments.

Comment

• It's not just about profit though is it? Reducing liabilities against my name and increasing equity is far more important in my book. The sooner it's paid off, the sooner I can use income for bigger and better toys!
                              Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                              Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

• I never make additional payments, pay what is required and leave the rest in the offset. Provides you with more financial flexibility and also helps when you buy another place (if you rent out your current one).
                                Automotive & Motorcycle Photographer | http://www.janglovac.com/motorcycle/

www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Comment

Working...
                                X