Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shaynus View Post
    I tried contacting the council but didn't have any luck. May have a better chance if I go in person?
    Bayswater and Belmont councils gave us contact addresses for neighbours we had business with...fencing etc. We also got address's for contacting neighbours in regards to a street tree removal. I would approach Mandurah council on a similar context.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

    Comment


    • http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...4d70e501504a8b

      Watch any/all landgate services increase in cost.

      Comment


      • Someone was having a cry on the radio this a.m. that if it is privatised it will start selling off info, snigger.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

        Comment


        • Sometimes rental agents can be good.

          We get a call from ours, some bloke wanted to move in with our existing tenant in a property, something didn't smell right according to the agent, so she did a bit more research in to his application.
          Not even out of gaol [ jail? ] yet, long, long list of bad stuff including theft/violence/restraining orders/meth addiction and more.

          We said no.....I'm all for second chances and all that, but I will draw a line somewhere.

          Comment


          • Landlord insurance is very popular these days.
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
              Landlord insurance is very popular these days.
              get a few quotes ,some are dear as


              Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

              insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

              dianella 93703770

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                Sometimes rental agents can be good.
                Not even out of gaol [ jail? ] yet, long, long list of bad stuff including theft/violence/restraining orders/meth addiction and more.
                Sounds like Ben Cousins house hunting.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                Comment


                • Please do not use RAC Landlords Insurance - they are a waste of space. EBM is where it is at.
                  Adventure before Dementia

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                    Please do not use RAC Landlords Insurance - they are a waste of space. EBM is where it is at.
                    Why?
                    Just wondering as I've got RAC Landlords ins.
                    Cheers

                    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by -JC- View Post
                      Why?
                      Just wondering as I've got RAC Landlords ins.
                      Cheers

                      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                      Without going into too much detail, they are fine until you need to make a claim, then they squirm more than any insurance company I have ever known.
                      Adventure before Dementia

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                        Without going into too much detail, they are fine until you need to make a claim, then they squirm more than any insurance company I have ever known.
                        My nan found the same with RAC auto insurance.

                        Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                        Sometimes rental agents can be good.

                        We get a call from ours, some bloke wanted to move in with our existing tenant in a property, something didn't smell right according to the agent, so she did a bit more research in to his application.
                        Not even out of gaol [ jail? ] yet, long, long list of bad stuff including theft/violence/restraining orders/meth addiction and more.

                        We said no.....I'm all for second chances and all that, but I will draw a line somewhere.
                        I would also be questioning the original tenant, you become the people you surround yourself with.
                        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                          I would also be questioning the original tenant, you become the people you surround yourself with.
                          Maybe prison meth guy is thinking the same thing.
                          Maybe he wants to surround himself with good people and improve his situation.
                          Maybe the original tenant has some compassion and wants to give him a chance.
                          Maybe.
                          Originally posted by mekon
                          Why are pirates called pirates?
                          Because they Arrrrrr

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                            I would also be questioning the original tenant, you become the people you surround yourself with.
                            In my situation, my awesome tenant died unexpectedly. His son asked if he could take over the tenancy as he wanted to stay in the house where he had lived with his Dad. Unfortunately the son then went off the rails and got into drugs...….

                            In terms of how badly the house got smashed up, I consider that I was lucky to get away with a few thousand dollars in repairs. (And the RAC found an excuse for every single claim)
                            Adventure before Dementia

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                              Maybe prison meth guy is thinking the same thing.
                              Maybe he wants to surround himself with good people and improve his situation.
                              Maybe the original tenant has some compassion and wants to give him a chance.
                              Maybe.
                              And maybe when the house is trashed by worthless cunts the owner will be stung for repairs since it takes several weeks to get a court order to evict shit tenants who then destroy your asset with impunity. I am all for second goes but when it turns pear shaped the owner shouldnt be penalised.
                              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                                Sounds like Ben Cousins house hunting.
                                Nah he has a nice warm bed and roof over his head in Canning Vale
                                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                                Originally posted by Phildo
                                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                                Originally posted by filbert
                                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                                98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X