X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Water pig View Post
    I had RAC landlords insurance, had a meth fucked tenant stop paying rent and generally trashing the place, cost me 10k, I think I hate RAC nearly as much as the old tenants.
    For what it's worth (2 years late, but posting for other people's sake), I had similar experience (not with RAC) and complained to AFCA - https://www.afca.org.au/ - and that resolved in my favour

Leave a comment:

• rgvlee
    replied
    Originally posted by -JC- View Post
    Why?
    Just wondering as I've got RAC Landlords ins.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    My wife is a property manager of 15 odd years so has plenty of experience when it comes to insurance companies and how well they pay out.
    RAC does not fare well when it comes to landlords insurance.
    EBM on the otherhand are good.
    We use EBM on all our properties, have made probably half a dozen claims over the years for storm damage, never a drama with them paying.

Leave a comment:

• Water pig
    replied
    I had RAC landlords insurance, had a meth fucked tenant stop paying rent and generally trashing the place, cost me 10k, I think I hate RAC nearly as much as the old tenants.

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Sounds like Ben Cousins house hunting.
    Nah he has a nice warm bed and roof over his head in Canning Vale

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeL View Post
    Maybe prison meth guy is thinking the same thing.
    Maybe he wants to surround himself with good people and improve his situation.
    Maybe the original tenant has some compassion and wants to give him a chance.
    Maybe.
    And maybe when the house is trashed by worthless cunts the owner will be stung for repairs since it takes several weeks to get a court order to evict shit tenants who then destroy your asset with impunity. I am all for second goes but when it turns pear shaped the owner shouldnt be penalised.

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
    I would also be questioning the original tenant, you become the people you surround yourself with.
    In my situation, my awesome tenant died unexpectedly. His son asked if he could take over the tenancy as he wanted to stay in the house where he had lived with his Dad. Unfortunately the son then went off the rails and got into drugs...….

In terms of how badly the house got smashed up, I consider that I was lucky to get away with a few thousand dollars in repairs. (And the RAC found an excuse for every single claim)

Leave a comment:

• MikeL
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
    I would also be questioning the original tenant, you become the people you surround yourself with.
    Maybe prison meth guy is thinking the same thing.
    Maybe he wants to surround himself with good people and improve his situation.
    Maybe the original tenant has some compassion and wants to give him a chance.
    Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Halo_2
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgs View Post
    Without going into too much detail, they are fine until you need to make a claim, then they squirm more than any insurance company I have ever known.
    My nan found the same with RAC auto insurance.

Originally posted by Davidf View Post
    Sometimes rental agents can be good.

We get a call from ours, some bloke wanted to move in with our existing tenant in a property, something didn't smell right according to the agent, so she did a bit more research in to his application.
    Not even out of gaol [ jail? ] yet, long, long list of bad stuff including theft/violence/restraining orders/meth addiction and more.

We said no.....I'm all for second chances and all that, but I will draw a line somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied
    Originally posted by -JC- View Post
    Why?
    Cheers

Without going into too much detail, they are fine until you need to make a claim, then they squirm more than any insurance company I have ever known.

Leave a comment:

• -JC-
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgs View Post
    Please do not use RAC Landlords Insurance - they are a waste of space. EBM is where it is at.
    Why?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied
    Please do not use RAC Landlords Insurance - they are a waste of space. EBM is where it is at.

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidf View Post
    Not even out of gaol [ jail? ] yet, long, long list of bad stuff including theft/violence/restraining orders/meth addiction and more.
    Sounds like Ben Cousins house hunting.

Leave a comment:

• potato
    replied
    Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Landlord insurance is very popular these days.
    get a few quotes ,some are dear as

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Landlord insurance is very popular these days.

Leave a comment:

• Davidf
    replied

We get a call from ours, some bloke wanted to move in with our existing tenant in a property, something didn't smell right according to the agent, so she did a bit more research in to his application.

We said no.....I'm all for second chances and all that, but I will draw a line somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X