X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mashed potato

nope i didnt crash

share your mashed potato recipes?

i just did spuds, skin on, italian herb,chopped cooked red onion, hot english mustard,a drizzle of ,allegedly , cholesterol lowering milk and olive oil butter

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

microwave/boil some normal potato and some sweet potato (50/50 usually for me). mash together with a little milk, salt and butter. Then serve with some balsamic. Bonus points if you throw some garlic in too.

Comment

Red Sweet Potato (white flesh) Steamed Not Boiled. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
      What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Left over mashed potato , make into paddy shapes quick fry. Wack a fried egg on top ,Breakfast for tradies

Comment

Keep it simple - peeled spuds (high starch of preference, so usually one of the white varieties), in COLD water brought to a boil. About halfway done toss in a few peeled garlic cloves.

Drain, mash with a shit-load of butter (the garlic just mashes in as well) and some good extra-virgin olive oil.

If you want to get fancy, drizzle some truffle oil as well.

Comment

Tamis sieve

"Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Normal mash + sour cream + garlic + butter and milk.

Does anyone leave the skin on?
              In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                Keep it simple - peeled spuds (high starch of preference, so usually one of the white varieties), in COLD water brought to a boil. About halfway done toss in a few peeled garlic cloves.

Drain, mash with a shit-load of butter (the garlic just mashes in as well) and some good extra-virgin olive oil.

If you want to get fancy, drizzle some truffle oil as well.
                My wife's Thermomix does it for me

Comment

I do them simple as but always turns out good. Big white potatoes, Peel them, chop them fairly small, chuck in a pot of water, boil until fork slides in easy, pour water out of pot, chuck like half a stick of butter and a fair bit of salt and pepper in, mash the butter in while the potatoes are hot enough to melt it easy, small dash of milk and mash that in, turn out fluffy and tasty as.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
                    My wife's Thermomix does it for me
                    Best mashed potato ever! Page 83 in the basic cook book...lol...
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by fetus View Post
                      I do them simple as but always turns out good. Big white potatoes, Peel them, chop them fairly small, chuck in a pot of water, boil until fork slides in easy, pour water out of pot, chuck like half a stick of butter and a fair bit of salt and pepper in, mash the butter in while the potatoes are hot enough to melt it easy, small dash of milk and mash that in, turn out fluffy and tasty as.
                      Pretty much this... (Father taught me the simple way and I've been doing it ever since with no complaints from the family so far )
                      Only variation is to add some garlic chives to the boiling water and to use fresh cream instead of milk.
                      Once tried to be fancy and do a Mediterranean mash, basically just add (at the mash stage) , sliced olives, olive oil, feta , sliced sundried tomatoes and diced red opinion.
                      "Farewell, shitty day, don't forget to fuck thyself on the way out"

Comment

Kipflers. Roasted in duck fat.

Or cubed baked tossed in fresh chopped french tarragon about 10 minutes before cooking is finished
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by fetus View Post
                          Get a Whisk and whisk them for even fluffier
                          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Neufchatel cream cheese from Kakulas!

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                              Get a Whisk and whisk them for even fluffier
                              I do this too, mine are pretty simple but a good tip is to drain them, put them back in the saucepan with the lid on & give them a good shake, then take the lid off & let them dry a bit before mashing in butter & salt, then whisking in milk or sour cream until they're the right consistency. You can add chives or spring onions if you want to be fancy.
                              The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Working...
                              X