No announcement yet.

Kal-gore-lie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never lived in Kal. That would have been decadent. A MRD camp 100kms or so North of Teutonic Bore.
    Would attempt to go to Kal every 2nd weekend. Never made it. Would only get as far as a pub in Leonora.
    In later years Kal was an oasis in the desert after numerous trips to Blackstone.
    Any shithole is what you make it. I don’t think there is any difference between Kal, Newman, Shay Gap, Parabadoo, Headland, Karratha, Meeks, MM, Marvel Lock .....
    I lived/worked at those places for one reason and one reason only.
    You can decide to slash your wrists of make the most of it.
    It’s more about the Cunts you work and hang with whether you live or die.
    Long term jobs I always took a bike. Even the long straight hot roads were fun just to free your mind and soul.
    In the Northwest Broome was a popular, “Fuck this shit I’m out of here for a few days.”
    A dirt bike is a great release, although keeping an eye on the ground in front of your front wheel is important. Fucking miners.
    Any place is what you make of it.
    Back in the ‘Old Days’ they came and went. Between coming and going might be 10 years. They arrived in a clapped out HQ Kingswood. Left in a new Landcruiser but that was all other than increasing the profits of the Swan Brewery.

Comment

Worst place I've lived is Gladstone, which is like a drunker bunbury

more commenting on the state of the skimpy industry more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
        Fuck me, the skimpy talent has gone down.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Been there for work several times over the last 2 years

I don’t mind the place to be honest. Yes it’s bogan and yes half the town is pissed during the day, but once you make some friends it’s just the same as ant other place with no beach.

No good roads and the bike will prob get stolen - id either leave it here or sell it.

Mentioning shit getting stolen - choose tour residence wisely. There is definitely some shit areas in town and some decent ones.

I hope your dog is a big scary one, it’s a very good deterrence for the local non-reflectives. I had 2x big ass dogs and while everyone around me had break in issues, I surprisingly didn’t.

There’s not much touristy shit worth doing in town.

As with anywhere it’s what you make of it. Do some sports and social stuff, avoid the drunk miners and try enjoy yourself
          Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
          1985 - 2009

Comment

Spent the 90's there which is a lifetime ago for some.

A cultural abyss but a good place to get ahead financially. More family orientated these days in contrast to life in the 80-90's.

Lot's of recent prospector history there if you are that way inclined, lots of old diggings to explore, ditto.

I will always have time for the place, but it is an isolated town & the majority of folks in Perth regard it as about as relevant as the moon which is sad considering most of the States wealth came from there once & a substantial still does.

Speaking for myself here.

Comment

Working...
            X