Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise and type 2 diabetes

Hey PSBers,

There is a two-week exercise training study at Murdoch University for individuals with type 2 diabetes as part of a PhD research project.
    The training sessions are supervised and free. Training times work around your schedule and can be before or after work.

Some eligibility criteria include:

- Aged between 18-60
    - Diagnosed with T2D
    - Currently sedentary or low levels of physical activity

If you do know of anyone who has Type 2 diabetes and may be interested in taking the first step to leading a more healthy and active lifestyle, please contact me or click on gumtree for more info.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-det...dId=1119857433

Have had some interest through PSB and other avenues. This project is now making progress and we welcome individuals with T2D to take the first step to becoming more physically active and leading a healthier lifestyle!

If you know of anyone who has T2D and may be of benefit from getting supervised exercise, please share the gumtree link for contact info etc. !

Comment

Bump, if you know anyone with Type 2 diabetes (not on insulin injections) who would like to get a free supervised exercise training program please refer to contact details on the gumtree link.
      Upon completion, there is potential to continue with a follow-up training program.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-det...dId=1119857433

Comment

Well I'm T2D and have just started running 5 k's on a treadmill every second day whilst doing 23...soon to increase...sit ups every day and my sugar levels have stayed pretty much the same...so I must be doing it wrong..or its all the tim tams I tend to scarf after lunch...hahaha...just read your last post...I am on insulin injections so am null and void I suppose...bugger!
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Can't believe I've missed this post! Good on you for managing your glucose with the 5k runs!

If you know anyone who may be eligible and interested, more info in the link.

http://diabeteswa.com.au/best-exerci...pe-2-diabetes/

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
          Well I'm T2D and have just started running 5 k's on a treadmill every second day whilst doing 23...soon to increase...sit ups every day and my sugar levels have stayed pretty much the same...so I must be doing it wrong..or its all the tim tams I tend to scarf after lunch...hahaha...just read your last post...I am on insulin injections so am null and void I suppose...bugger!

Comment

Actually the 5k runs had reduced to 2k runs then none for awhile due to my knee giving me trouble....so Ill have to get back on the anti inflammatories to alleviate the knee problem so I can run on the treadmill and eat tim tams.
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Yes I have spoken to some with knee pain and anti-inflammatory have helped. she will be getting started with Aqua (if that's up your alley) work to reduce loading on the joint whilst mixing it up a little.
              Coffee tim tams are my fav!

Comment

Working...
              X