No announcement yet.

Health geeks - Is Pepsi Max OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention there's also been somewhat of a link established between carbonated drinks and calcium absorption in bones. You'd need to google more info

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
      My 2c:

To my knowledge all the "artificial sweeteners are toxic" stuff has about as much science behind it as the anti-vax movement - i.e. it's pseudoscientific scaremongering.

Diet soft drinks are still acidic and will still do some damage your teeth in an entirely dose-dependent manner (i.e. degree of the problem depends how much you're drinking), but they don't cause the same metabolic issues that sugary drinks do (and yes, fruit juices are included there, they'll diabeetus you just as hard as coke).

The gold standard is water of course, but I do drink a fair bit of pepsi max or coke zero.
      Yep I have cut sugar from most of my diet now, drink a Pepsi Max or sugarless Mother (or both if real hot) on nightshifts to help me stay awake and also cut down on my sugar intake Don't have sugar on my cereal or in my coffee/tea, I use a sweetener at home and just take it straight at work I did do a bit of research a while back when I heard some reports that artificial sweeteners were bad but found no real proof to substantiate it for the average person
      It does make me laugh when you see some of the people raving about how healthy their Boost Juice is despite some having more sugar and calories than Coke
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Everything in moderation and you will be O.K.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

My dentist says if you're going to drink it to follow it up with a glass of water
          “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

I prefer the stevia based coke/pepsi, I'm sure they could do a 100% stevia but that would slash the market for max/zero.
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              My dentist says if you're going to drink it to follow it up with a glass of water BOURBON
              Fixed
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
              X