Thermomix - You rate em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermomix - You rate em?

Missus makes a new friend a few weeks ago.

Low and behold new friend is full on passionate about Thermomixes. Starts off by sending home amazing risottos.

Missus then eventually brings a machine home to try (on loan).

She gets so caught up making 50 gazillion things I end up making ham n cheese toasties that night!

Thermomix queens (drag queens) can stop reading now as your rating/review is invalid.

Please rate Thermomix machines.

Worth the $2k?
    Reviews?
    Positives / negatives?
    Pros / cons?

Discuss PSB. Your feedback will become my only source of ammo (if negative).
    Its all good on Ducati's

We love ours. Got one of the older models, still going strong after a couple years of use.

Would get used a minimum once per day if not more....even I like to use it.

Just quick and easy, we make all sorts of things in it....protein smoothies, porridge, boiled eggs, soups, mash, curries, dips the list goes on!!

No they don't explode either

Sent on the fly using Crapatalk!

Comment

Did the missus complain when you bought a Ducati?

Comment

Originally posted by moshriff View Post
        Just quick and easy, we make all sorts of things in it....protein smoothies, porridge, boiled eggs, soups, mash, curries, dips the list goes on!!
        A $2,000 machine to boil eggs...

Comment

Don't have one.....no the Missus didn't complain about my 2 wheeled purchases, but they get used.......heaps. And as I keep telling her, cheaper than 4 wheels. (she believes me too!!!)

The cooking pot is very small....O.K. the newer ones are a bit larger 1.2 litre???, but how in the hell that will cook enough for SWMBO, moi, and two young men (18 & 21), I'll never know.

At work one night, female colleague brings one in to make a curry. It was no faster than the traditional method, and was only going to serve two anorexics!!!!
          Another work colleague has two........but she has a family of 2 young girls.

Just ask yourself, do you like every meal to be, what in the Army they call a "wet dish", i.e. curry, risotto, meat suace.....

Have no vested interest, other than an appetite.

Good luck.

Comment

Missus just got one about 3 months ago.

Must say my initial thought was "this cannot be worth 2k". And my feeling remains, 2k is a bit ridiculous.

However..I do think it does make excellent food. You kinda have to dedicate to using it for every meal initially so you get the hang of it. We did that for a few weeks and now we use it for everything.

Dinners are very easy as it cooks/mixes ect while you shower ect. It is amazing at chopping things if you just wanna use it for that.

And it makes Damn good alcoholic slushies.

Not sure how helpful that review is. I love having it in the house now (and I'm a 26 yo dood) and would greatly miss it if we didn't have it now.
            But it still is a big outlay initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
            1985 - 2009

Comment

they are great if you're time poor/cant cook for shit

there's no room for passion or creativity - its A+B= tasty food that's almost foolproof.

nothing you couldn't do just as well or better if you know your way around a saucepan and a sharp knife

I have one, don't use it as much as I should - buy one from gumtree for <$1000 - they're like treadmills, bought with good intentions and gather dust

Comment

I was never a fan of Risotto. Ever.

Since we purchased the Thermomix........I love the Risotto it produces. I'm no expert on the perfect Ristto, but IMHO...it is da bomb. LOVE IT.

Missus makes the best salted caramel slice in this machine, along with other mouth watering dishes. Perfect, each and every time. And that's the hidden secret, as long as you use your favourite recipe, the temp/time/ingredient weight/qty will/should always be the same. Also, you can always experiment, but once you have the recipe right....you cannot go wrong.

I agreed to have it...because my missus is queen of the kitchen. It's her domain. Same as the sewing room and her 6...yes...SIX sewing machines. Happy wife...happy life.

Now....to sneak that 2nd bike into the garage
                Originally posted by Viper
                I'm probably fucking something up.
                FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                Administrator

Comment

Fuck the Thermomix, buy a smoker.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                    Fuck the Thermomix......
                    Caution...the blades are sharp. Serious injury will ensue
                    Originally posted by Viper
                    I'm probably fucking something up.
                    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                    Administrator

Comment

Gotta say its a pretty fancy gadget; weighs, chops, cooks, steams all in one unit.

Novelty/status item or serious kitchen helper. Jury is still out for me.

If she wants it I'm not gonna say no. But even shes like:

"2 grand is 2 grand"
                      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

I have to cook lots and I hate it the Thermo Mix is the best to me love it. Easy quick and makes good food thumbs up.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by Gippo View Post
                          Gotta say its a pretty fancy gadget; weighs, chops, cooks, steams all in one unit.

Novelty/status item or serious kitchen helper. Jury is still out for me.

If she wants it I'm not gonna say no. But even shes like:

"2 grand is 2 grand"
                          It's definitely no gadget. It's a commercial machine.

Comment

Silly bugger it's $2000 for her and $2000 toys/tools for me ,

Comment

Originally posted by marras View Post
                              It's definitely no gadget. It's a commercial machine.
                              so they say - its far from commercial quality

not many real chefs would actually use them in real kitchens - and even then it could be for sauces not real food prep

I fell for the marketing bullshit too - I still love it though!

Comment

Working...
                              X