Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru owners

Good morning all,

So bit of a problem with my new 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S G5 I will just copy and paste my post on Reddit... but I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have always been told that Subaru looks after there customers very well is this true? And what dealer did you use?

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all
    My partner and I got a brand new 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S G5! We love the car also this is our first ever Subaru!
    So this morning I get in the car and I notice my center right air vent next to the console unit is lifting up... The care is about 2 months old btw its brand new it only has done 2560 kilometers. It did have a service two weeks ago where they say they have fixed the center console unit so I'm just guessing who ever pulled it apart did not put it back right. I'm going to go in see them today after work.
    So my question is, Any one having any problems with the interior of the car? Do you think I will have a problem with the deal trying to fix this? I did try and push it back but it just pops back out...
    I have taken some pics of the problem below any information would be great. thank you!
    http://imgur.com/a/l5l4G
    Regards

Take it straight back to the place that did the work in the first place. Once rectified decide if you want to trust them again.

Osbourne Park used to be good with my WRX but i hated paying dealership prices for parts and consumables so stopped using them.
    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Well I got the car from the Vic Park dealership and that is where the first service was done. I don't think I will have time to drop past today but as I work in OSB Park I will just drop past them on my lunch and see if they can help me without going to Vic Park.

btw [MENTION=20214]98kellrs[/MENTION] who do you uses now for your service if I may know.

Comment

i would have taken it back before expressing concerns on the internet, maybe not even left the yard with the car in that condition.. dealers with new cars under warranty are usually very quick & helpful with there errors..

Comment

My concern is for feedback on Subaru it self and dealership in Perth, as a new car, new model and how much its changed from 2016 model I think my concern is valid. The interior of the car has changed so much from 2016 to 2017 models, this maybe not the best option or it could be I'm just trying to get some feed back for any one that has this model as any information is good for Subaru it self.

Comment

Subaru are generally very good with dealing with this type of issue, particularly under warranty. They should have a technician look at it & rectify on the spot.

For all servicing I use S-Technic in Cannington, they can take care of logbook servicing as well. All they do is Subaru & their pricing is very reasonable compared to the dealerships.

Comment

S-Technic is very good for Scooby doos.

With respect to dealers being good/bad on the basis of one issue - rather than being representative of an entire workshop it is likely just the person who worked on your car. I took my VW to Osb Park to get the boot latch replaced. Driving home I noticed an annoying rattle coming from the boot plastics. Whomever worked on it either broke the plastics or didn't put them back together again properly. As annoying as it is that the person working on the car couldn't finish the job properly, to crucify an entire dealership on that basis is pretty harsh. (yes, the staff they hire is representative of the organisation as a whole but also mistakes happen, people are rushed etc).

Being a professional outfit, if they fucked it they will fix it. Same with my VW - no issue with them fixing it, and no charge (if they fucked it there shouldn't be a charge).

Comment

Never had a problem with any Subaru dealer. Always been great at fixing issues.
                You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Good to know, will drop past OSB Park dealer as it's right next to work.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Comment

As others mentioned, S-Technic are the absolute best in Perth for anything Subaru and that's where I took my WRX for years. However, as you have a new one I'd take advantage of the warranty and get anything you can done free through them.
                    Ryan

Comment

Just been at Osb Park dealer, the service manager was not so impressed with the work done regarding the center console. They are going to order new parts as the clips that hold it all down are broken off and there are screw driver or some kind of a tool marks all over it too. The problem with the parts as its a new model its going to take time.

Im not bashing Vic Park its more convenient to go to Osb Park right now, after my warranty has passed I will give S-Technic ago.

Comment

Thanks to those giving the tip about S Technic. Is anyone else having problems getting to their website? Timing out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
                          Thanks to those giving the tip about S Technic. Is anyone else having problems getting to their website? Timing out for me.
                          Yep same for me. Phone number is 9451 2555, but assume you want to have a poke around on the website rather than speak to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                            assume you want to have a poke around on the website rather than speak to them.
                            Eggsactly.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
                              Eggsactly.
                              They're pretty old school, don't expect much website wise. They do however live and breath Subarus so visiting them is well worth it.

Just pop in and see them, Doug always gave mine A1 treatment and they don't push you to fix things that can be put off.
                              Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X