Clear All

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
    I dont have a hard drive.....anymore.
    only left with a floppy dick
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

I use Windows but I don't update often.

I also don't download emails and run .docx files with macro's or .jpg.exe or .gif.bat files because I'm not an absolute madman

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
        I use Windows but I don't update often.

I also don't download emails and run .docx files with macro's or .jpg.exe or .gif.bat files because I'm not an absolute madman
        I think you are missing the point.
        To be exposed here you don't need to do any of the usual stuff, no opening of sus files or running macros is required.
        The windows malware detection system which reads everything coming to your computer will do it for you.
        Originally posted by mekon
        Why are pirates called pirates?
        Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

My understanding is an exploit uses normal files to sneak in....then after a certain time or after a further instruction do their thing...like locking you out of your own file access....I read a book about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
          You can get meds that help with that

I use paddle pop sticks and tape
          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

My understanding is an exploit uses normal files to sneak in....then after a certain time or after a further instruction do their thing...like locking you out of your own file access....I read a book about it.
            An exploit is anything that uses ('exploits') a flaw in the way existing code is implemented.
            Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

And the flaw is that the exploit cannot be detected by normal methods...since in itself it isnt a virus or similar series of instructions...almost a two part thing
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

And the flaw is that the exploit cannot be detected by normal methods...since in itself it isnt a virus or similar series of instructions...almost a two part thing
                Nah, according to the linked article "Anything that causes data to be written to a disk starts the Protection Engine's scan and could activate the (malicious) code."
                My guess would be since the scanning engine doesn't usually execute the code it scans, to get it to would need something like a stack overflow / memory boundary error not getting properly handled, which is where the flaw is.
                Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                  I think you are missing the point.
                  To be exposed here you don't need to do any of the usual stuff, no opening of sus files or running macros is required.
                  The windows malware detection system which reads everything coming to your computer will do it for you.
                  There has to be something sus on the pc in order for it to continue raping via malware

As far as I know

And my knowledge extends to a 30 second news snippet

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
                    There has to be something sus on the pc in order for it to continue raping via malware

As far as I know

And my knowledge extends to a 30 second news snippet
                    The latest exploit does NOT need this.
                    What it needs is for you to NOT have patched your machine, and for you to visit an infected host or be sent an infected file (that you don't have to open).
                    It will then do everything else it needs, all on it's own.
                    Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Easy fix

http://www.iobit.com/en/tips-steps-f...tacking-79.php

http://www.iobit.com/en/tips-how-to-...ng-80.php?p=db

Comment

If you download Driver Booster 4 free from Iobit it patches this for you when you scan your system. It also updates outdated drivers etc on your system if you are not so tech savvy.

I have tested it and it does everything in the above guides for you

http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

While your doing it you might want to disable "Telemetry" in your Windows system, unless you like keyloggers.

Comment

CBF reading through the whole thing, but it seems to boil down to this--forgive me if it has already been said--to all the Win 10 haters,and the auto update haters, and the I'm hanging onto my XP until you pry it from my cold, dead fingers luddites-- YOU WERE WARNED. Chickens, roost, etc.
                          " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

Originally posted by ranmar850 View Post
                            CBF reading through the whole thing, but it seems to boil down to this--forgive me if it has already been said--to all the Win 10 haters,and the auto update haters, and the I'm hanging onto my XP until you pry it from my cold, dead fingers luddites-- YOU WERE WARNED. Chickens, roost, etc.

Its not just Win10. Personally I would not trust a 16 year old operating system in todays online environment.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/still-...prepare-worst/

Comment

Working...
                            X