Professional resume writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional resume writer

Anyone in the business of polishing resumes and application letters? (Or can recommend someone?)

Apart from my first job straight from school, every job since has been offered to me without having to go through applications & interviews...

Now I'm actively looking for a career change, but my resume is extremely basic, and I'm no salesman, so I'm looking for someone to polish it and add the necessary "embellishment" for me.

I went through this process about 15 years ago and spent money with someone who was full of his own praise but produced a complete mess which was full of mistakes... so hoping for some success stories.

Cheers
    Tim

Hey Tim

Ive had mine done by a professional crowd which has been very successul for me.
    Mif you want to catch up I can give you a copy of mine and give you some pointers

PM me if interested

Comment

I'm happy to look over a draft.
      -

Comment

Forum member 'Rider' writes resumes. Did mine.

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...er.php?u=10741

Sasha is his name.

http://www.winwinresumes.com.au

Comment

Barefoot’s Advice to Jobseekers

My ‘secret question’ technique is ruthlessly efficient: it forces you to show how you can do the job at hand.

And that’s the secret to any job application.

All any employer wants to know is this: “Can you do the job, or not?”

So get to the point.

Ask yourself: what are they actually asking for? What do they truly need done? What’s the real job here?

And then make sure your answer (or your résumé, or interview) addresses that.

What you want to say is: “Here’s the job. Here’s why I can do it better than anyone else. Here’s evidence of how I’ve done it in the past.” Show them, don’t tell them.

Here’s you: “But Barefoot, I don’t have any experience.”

Here’s me: “Well, go and get some. Freelance on the side. Volunteer. Heck — offer to do the job for free for two weeks to prove you can do it.”

Yes, it takes a bit more elbow grease than submitting the same résumé to 56 applications on Seek.

But if you do this, you’ll be irresistible to any employer … and you’ll be too busy getting job offers to complain about how few jobs there are.

Tread Your Own Path!
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

^^ has that worked for you..?^^
            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

the resume or CV is a summary of your past and current activities and also of your achievements, where you have shone within your job.

Equally important is the cover letter, as this should say why you fit this job in particular, and may address anything that the employer is looking for that;s not in sufficient detail in your CV

Comment

A well-written resume can be used for many jobs, just use a different cover letter each time.

Propper speling and grammer are esential.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  A well-written resume can be used for many jobs, just use a different cover letter each time.

Propper speling and grammer are esential.
                  I c what you did their
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

i kill it in interviews but suck at writing public service criteria

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                      i kill it in interviews but suck at writing public service criteria
                      If you don't satisfy the criteria you don't get the chance to show your skills at interview. Its pretty easy to game the system, if you satisfy every criteria, they have to get you in for interview.
                      -

Comment

yes but theres a difference between satisfying the criteria and authoring a response.
                        I satisfy all the criterion for roles but struggle with the written application

Comment

A recruiter recently told me "we don't read cover letters"...

I was flabbergasted...

Have been reading resumes this morning...

Some people need serious help...

Yours is not the only resume they are reading, there will be a stack...

If it's a dogs breakfast and hard to read it may get overlooked even though you have the skills required for the job...

Comment

6 - 18 seconds is all you have to wow them with your resume that is if its not sorted automatically.
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

At TAFE we had to submit resumes for fake jobs given to us by lecturers. Best thing to do is make a fake gumtree ad for said job, advertise with decent pay and flexible hours, pick out the best resumes you receive, change the names to your own and voila ! Professionally written for free
                              Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                              X