No announcement yet.

House restoration company and/or painter recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, scrap the concrete paint, it's paving paint I need (though is called 'concrete paving paint' in the quote. The Berger jet dry is a paving paint). Paving paint would make more sense (must be cement). Given it was on the backburner for a bit I forgot stuffs.
    Recommendations? Bueller?

Edit: I read reviews for Berger and people said they had professional painters do the job or they did all the prep work as recommended but still went to shit. Might just have to run with Berger and ensure cleaning, etching and application of thinners is done and hope all the shit reviews are because it wasn't done by the book. Rustoleum product is higher wearing but has a stupidly high gloss finish that I'd end up going arse over tit when it got wet and would scratch really easily (yes, could add grit but will look shit)
    Last edited by Kristy; 09-04-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Spray-on paving it is (but a flat colour, not faux brick cos that looks shit).
      Unless anyone has any other cement coating ideas? Exoxy apparently poxy for outdoor areas - not very UV resistant, and slippery.
      And have decided, fuck the maintenance associated with decking 😐

Comment

A clear UV resistant top coat is usually applied over epoxy in sun exposed areas to prevent fade and yellowing. I recommend using it even if you go the spray pave route. Epoxy can be slippery when wet but so can a lot of coatings, including paint. You can help eliminate it by using special grit additives.
        “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          A clear UV resistant top coat is usually applied over epoxy in sun exposed areas to prevent fade and yellowing. I recommend using it even if you go the spray pave route. Epoxy can be slippery when wet but so can a lot of coatings, including paint. You can help eliminate it by using special grit additives.
          Epoxy's apparently double the cost of spray-on paving (the company I'm going with does both). Sealer is going over the top of the spray-on paving - seemingly as long as you keep up the sealant (every 3 years) the spray-on paving will remain in good nick. They also do a primer before applying the spray-on paving. It seems that for paving paint, no primer or sealant is used, thus longevity depends on a) how well it sticks to the cement and b) how it weathers from above. Seems spray-on paving has both bases covered.

Comment

Working...
          X