No announcement yet.

Mature age apprenticeships?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've been thinking a bit about doing a pre-apprenticeship.
    Certificate II in electrotechnology is what I'm looking at. It's run through Tafe.

Has anyone done it? How many days per week does it run? Hours? It's only a semester full time, but no-one will tell me what the definition of full time is, exactly. Tafe says it's 20-25hrs per week, but I emailed them and they've said, as an example, it runs Monday/Tue 830-415 or thu/Fri 830-415. Which says part time to me.

Reason I want to know is whether I can study around my current employment, if I move to part time with my current employer.

So anyone that's done the course, I'd love to hear from you

Sent from my Note Nein using Tapacrap

Comment

Originally posted by SIKYSA View Post
      So I've been thinking a bit about doing a pre-apprenticeship.
      Certificate II in electrotechnology is what I'm looking at. It's run through Tafe.

Has anyone done it? How many days per week does it run? Hours? It's only a semester full time, but no-one will tell me what the definition of full time is, exactly. Tafe says it's 20-25hrs per week, but I emailed them and they've said, as an example, it runs Monday/Tue 830-415 or thu/Fri 830-415. Which says part time to me.

Reason I want to know is whether I can study around my current employment, if I move to part time with my current employer.

So anyone that's done the course, I'd love to hear from you

Sent from my Note Nein using Tapacrap
      I've done it at the campus in Clarkson but can't recall the hours as it was 8 years ago. However, I HIGHLY recommend doing it. It gets the first year of TAFE of your electrical apprenticeship done, gives you a taste of the industry so you can decide if it interests you, and gives you some basic knowledge and skills that will make you useful to your employer on the first day of your actual apprenticeship.

If you do the pre-app, you'll do second year TAFE in the first year of your apprenticeship and won't have to attend TAFE in your 4th year.

But double check this as it may have changed. Get in contact with Electrical Group Training (NECA) in Balcatta. I did my apprenticeship through them and had no complaints.

Comment

Working...
      X