Group Fitness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Fitness?

What sort of group fitness (cardio and strength) have you done with your sporting team/friends that you enjoyed and worked well?

Edit: For my footy team - Doesnt have to include the footy, just general fitness/strength and anything that will help 'harden' us up a bit for the next season.

Rock climbing is GREAT for upper body strength, and a laugh. Good for forearm strength and power in your grip etc too. Not exactly the cheapest tho, harness and casual adult entry is like $19 or so, more if you start getting chalk bag/shoe hire too.

Mr John and I try and make a frequent event out of it, if you/your sport buddies are interested hit me a PM. Would be good to catch up again Casey.

Comment

Cheers Lee - I agree its great for you!
      But im thinking more the outdoor group exercise stuff - preferrably that doesnt cost anything.
      Our footy team is starting fitness training for pre season and just running through some new ideas.

Comment

Rock climbing is GREAT for upper body strength, and a laugh. Good for forearm strength and power in your grip etc too. Not exactly the cheapest tho, harness and casual adult entry is like $19 or so, more if you start getting chalk bag/shoe hire too.

Mr John and I try and make a frequent event out of it, if you/your sport buddies are interested hit me a PM. Would be good to catch up again Casey.[/b]
        where do you climb?

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lee @ Oct 5 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr John and I try and make a frequent event out of it, if you/your sport buddies are interested hit me a PM. Would be good to catch up again Casey.[/b]
          where do you climb?
          [/b][/quote]

rockface NB. I hear the one in bayswater or wherever it is, is better. That being said tho, NB is pretty close for both John and myself. If you&#39;re interested in coming along, you&#39;re more than welcome. Shoot me a PM if you want more details mate.

I used to post the events, but got lazy/changed times and dates too often

Comment

But im thinking more the outdoor group exercise stuff - preferrably that doesnt cost anything.
            Our footy team is starting fitness training for pre season and just running through some new ideas.[/b]
            General beachwrestling/beach cricket/tomfoolery? I&#39;d be keen to umpire for it.

Comment

I have gone to the one in Bayswater a few times and have a mate who climbs there regularly. Porcelain and I both enjoy it so might shoot you a pm for details when we are both feeling up for a climb. Cheers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SONIC @ Oct 5 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
              Our footy team is starting fitness training for pre season and just running through some new ideas.[/b]
              General beachwrestling/beach cricket/tomfoolery? I&#39;d be keen to umpire for it.
              [/b][/quote]

+1 Spectator (if you&#39;re bringing the beer too )

Comment

What sort of group fitness (cardio and strength) have you done with your sporting team/friends that you enjoyed and worked well?[/b]
                there is a social group that meet up at Dumas house on monday and wednesday 17.30 hrs and 0900 saturdays, they have a good schedule and have purchased their own gear and have been going for 10 years. I can get you an invite to see how they do theirs if you like.
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Something we do when we have more than 2 people is to set up a game.

It&#39;s effectively like king of the pack except the king is also calling any fouls anyone in the contest makes, if they do then they do X number of pushups, if anyone takes a mark then everyone else does X number of pushups and if nobody takes a legal mark in five kicks (spoiling all the time) then the number of pushups rises by one each kick unmarked. Once someone has taken X number of marks, they become king and can have a break.

It&#39;s specially hard when it&#39;s one on one verses an opponent with a large height or weight advantage and you get worn out pretty quickly, but it also gets your head into working out ways to work around the huge advantage.
                  This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Bloody genius Taylor
                    More like this one please!

Comment

Bump!

*must lengthen to 10 characters?*

Comment

Another option to get your squad puffing is to head down to Burns Beach, walk a couple of hundred metres along the water until you find a clear tall dune. Then run up it lots of times.

Combinations of running up the dune X times, back down and do X pushups, throw up. Repeat.

When your team is exhausted they should practice kicking for goal. Concentration is gone, heart is pumping out their chest so the more experience you can get outside of the game the more chance you'll have of being focused.

Perhaps pair up the players, put half up the hill, practice kicking between the two. When someone misses, they do one circuit of the course (up, down [or down, up if on the hill], then pushups). It'll only get harder and harder to do it but if there is a large skills difference between players, just change it so both people have to do the routine if one of them makes a mistake.

I'll try and think of a place you can do it on grass, for the moment barefoot and sand is all I can come up with, so watch out for sticks under the sand.
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Comment

Like dunes, stair climbs. Run stairs in a decent size grandstand, a few times if necessary and then add running them with weights to make it a little more interesting. Sprints, squats, lunge's, dips etc in between to break it up. Can they all swim? Put them in the pool for a few Klms and jump out at the deep end a few times every lap and add push-ups to get the shoulders working.

Comment

jacobs ladder?

Comment

Working...
                              X