Effect of election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect of election

I'm thinking that we're in for a change of federal government.
    From their past efforts, I've got some concerns as to the effect this will have on the property and share markets.
    Anyone else got an opinion either way?

I had a conversation with a friend of a friend at the Leedy two weekends ago, went like this:

FoF: Hell Yeah, Kevin 07 man.
    T: Really? Why's that?
    FoF: Well you know how the Liberals are really good at bringing a country out of debt and saving a load of money?
    T: Right.
    FoF: Well now we can have labour back in, spend all the money, get all the infrastructure we want built, then bring the Liberals back in after 3 years to fix it back up again.
    T: How did this relate to Australia vs England again?
    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
      Anyone else got an opinion either way?
      I used to have opinions about federal politics.

I've now just resigned myself to the fact that we're highly unlikely to ever get anybody in that I would truly *want* to vote for, so I may just draw dicks on my voting forms this year.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

As opposed to a dick drawing on your form?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post
          , so I may just draw dicks on my voting forms this year.

As opposed to the dicks that are already on the forms?????

Fuck I hate elections. A month of farken ads to shit on the other guys.

They should just join PSB
          To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
          Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post
            I used to have opinions about federal politics.

I've now just resigned myself to the fact that we're highly unlikely to ever get anybody in that I would truly *want* to vote for, so I may just draw dicks on my voting forms this year.
            I agree as to the politics. In general they're a pack of self serving fucks. I'm more interested in if anyone else thinks they're going to stuff the markets and if so, how quickly.

Comment

Considering every state has a labor government i believe we will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by shane1 View Post
                Considering every state has a labor government i believe we will be ok
                WTF?????

Every state has a labor govt so this is ok?
                Wake up man! Roads are screwed health system is fucked! Thats at State levels. Last time labor was in power in Federal at least there were Libs and Nats to balance out and oppose them! And even still we had to deal with high unemployment and 17+% mortgage rates! Oh and kiss the mining boom goodbye too. That bald bloke that cant dance hates mining - He says he wants an end to the raping of our country. Fair nuff I guess except that WA, Qld and to an extent NSW & Tas will then be fucked as the money generated from mining in those states is the only thing keeping them afloat.

Personally I am quite happy paying 8.8% on my mortgages thankyou.

To the original question.
                Real estate will slow down or even drop as more and more people cant afford to make repayments at the high interest level. All the cubs will be going into bankruptcy because they have been borrowing for their clubbies and SS commonwhores and not saving a cent so banks will start a lot more mortgagee auctions soon.

The stockmarket? It will still be there - Doesnt matter if it goes up down or sideways - The smart traders will still get rich the mums & dads relying on get rich quick deals and investment newletters will lose their retirement and homes. The market may drop but if you know what you are doing you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamedance View Post
                  WTF?????

Every state has a labor govt so this is ok?
                  Wake up man! Roads are screwed health system is fucked! Thats at State levels. Last time labor was in power in Federal at least there were Libs and Nats to balance out and oppose them! And even still we had to deal with high unemployment and 17+% mortgage rates! Oh and kiss the mining boom goodbye too. That bald bloke that cant dance hates mining - He says he wants an end to the raping of our country. Fair nuff I guess except that WA, Qld and to an extent NSW & Tas will then be fucked as the money generated from mining in those states is the only thing keeping them afloat.

Personally I am quite happy paying 8.8% on my mortgages thankyou.

To the original question.
                  Real estate will slow down or even drop as more and more people cant afford to make repayments at the high interest level. All the cubs will be going into bankruptcy because they have been borrowing for their clubbies and SS commonwhores and not saving a cent so banks will start a lot more mortgagee auctions soon.

The stockmarket? It will still be there - Doesnt matter if it goes up down or sideways - The smart traders will still get rich the mums & dads relying on get rich quick deals and investment newletters will lose their retirement and homes. The market may drop but if you know what you are doing you will be fine.
                  Yes got a bite

And what is Labor going to do to achieve all this doom and gloom?

In regard to the hawk government maybe we should have voted him out after 1 term if it was so bad but maybe the end of his leadership had a little to do with:

Late 1980s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Affected a little more than Australia i think.
                  Last edited by Satan1; 15-10-2007, 01:43 PM.

Comment

State governments were supposed to remove stamp duty when GST came in, they didn't. They are making A LOT of money with this boom.
                    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                      State governments were supposed to remove stamp duty when GST came in, they didn't. They are making A LOT of money with this boom.
                      Very true,
                      No matter who you vote for you will get a politician.

just to stir cough: The Canberra Times - canberra.yourguide.com.au

Hey as an employer i love a few policies the liberal party has pushed

Comment

Originally posted by shane1 View Post
                        Yes got a bite

And what is Labor going to do to achieve all this doom and gloom?
                        Most likely scenario is that they will once again cater to the tree hugging lentil smoking bludgers to the detriment of those of us willing to work for a living. Their policies last time resulted in a downturn in investment both foreign and domestic. Admittedly, I've got a self centred view here as my families financial future is based on property and the resources industry.
                        I'm just concerned that these clowns are going to once again penalise the majority to appease the minority.

Comment

I think they are all arseholes who couldn't manage themselves out of a paper bag and I am now not watching TV because I am fucking sick of the propaganda. Especially with the unions, labor can fight for themselves. They don't need you tossers blocking my TV's

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                            I think they are all arseholes who couldn't manage themselves out of a paper bag and I am now not watching TV because I am fucking sick of the propaganda. Especially with the unions, labor can fight for themselves. They don't need you tossers blocking my TV's
                            Pretty much sums up the interests of that political party and their influence. About 15% of Australia's population is involved with a union. Interests of everybody?

Feels way too much like someone's got an older brother who's patting them on the back all the way to the top. Who knows what he's going to want when they get there..

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                              And this is why they are not in the private sector!

Comment

Working...
                              X