recommend me a computer shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend me a computer shop

i need a new CAD workstation, so can anyone recommend a good place to get one built? only want quality stuff and am willing to pay for it to be good.

i want:

intel -core 2 quad (no i dont want amd)
    4 gig ram (good stuff, corsair, etc)
    good quality mobo that can RAID, etc
    min 256mb video card, good for CAD work
    preferably twin 250gig or larger HDD's for RAID or mirror for backup
    DVD burner & CD burner (two drives)
    good case, preferably Thermaltake Soprano (black!)
    sound card/kb and mouse not that important, std stuff will do
    prefer xp pro, otherwise vista ultimate
    min 22" widescreen DVI LCD, 24" would be good! (black of course!)

it's for my business, so need a tax invoice (if anyone was thinking of building it for me).

i plan to spend $2000 > 2500 for the system.

any suggestions?

mcg-tech.com.au

they are in wanneroo, usually everything you see listed online they have in stock. build it online, go in with the list.
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

FoxComp Technology

I do all my dealings through these guys now. Why?

- They're an online shop, but still have a shop front, allowing you to pick up goods/return stuff etc and talk in person.
      - Their prices are very competitive, most often the cheapest I've found (with my previous dealings).
      - They allow you to do all your shopping online, do a direct transfer of money, then email them the receipt of transfer, and go pick up your goods that afternoon! None of this wait till the funds clear 3 days later mumbo jumbo, or don't have a shop front so you have to wait for delivery (or pay for delivery) etc.
      - Very helpful staff, very honest when it comes to saying if stock is available or not and the time frame they can get it. Had bad dealings with some places saying something was available, me paying for it, then getting a call saying "oh sorry that won't be in till next week etc.. but we do have this product in stock for just $20 more..." (i won't name them).

That last point I like the most, i can shop and buy online and have it in hand COB the same day.

Hope this helps

Comment

all i have to say is PLE

:: PLE Computers ::

Comment

PLE are good for small stuff but never have the good shit in stock, not the Vic park one anyway

Comment

whatever you do, stay away from nintek unless they have everything you want in stock already, which is unlikely.

Comment

check ple's website then ring them and they will tell you what they have in stock and in which store

Comment

Welcome to Navada Computer Services Pty Ltd Web page either greenwood (David) or Ossie Park (Darek)

No bullshit honest service.

Comment

Originally posted by RobHead86 View Post
                  whatever you do, stay away from nintek unless they have everything you want in stock already, which is unlikely.
                  in my post i SAID i wouldn't name them, but since you have... yes stay away from these guys, they have a habit of listing things as in stock and after you've paid for it ringing and telling you it isn't and it will take another week or so to come in. If this was just a once off then that'd be fine, but it's happened without fail to 5 guys in my office already, some more than once, who were stupid enough to go back to them thinking it WAS a once off.

Comment

I just built my new rig a few weeks back, but as I buy the parts and put together myself I'm not sure who would be good at building one for you.

Parts wise I'm usually Austin or PLE because they're pretty cheap and I can just go in and pick it up (Austin in Ozzy Park is generally pretty well stocked.... generally...)
                    R Legal and loving it

Comment

Yea, having your own wholesaler ftw

None of this computer store crap

Ex Gst Quan. Total
                      intel -core 2 quad (no i dont want amd) $308 1 $308
                      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU, 2.40 GHz, FSB 1066MHz, 2x4MB L2 Cache, Socket LGA775
                      4 gig ram (good stuff, corsair, etc) $94.82 2 $190
                      Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB (2x XMS2 1G Twin2X PC-6400 (800MHz) DDR2 RAM, 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC, Unbuffered, 5-5-5-12, 64Mx8 DRAMs, Heat Spreader, Lifetime warranty
                      good quality mobo that can RAID, etc $258 1 $258
                      ASUS P5N32-E SLI M/board - nForce 680i SLI, 1333MHz FSB, C55XE Northbridge + MCP55PXE Southbridge Chipset, Dual Channel DDR2-800, 2x PCI Express x16, SATA II RAID, Dual Gigabit LAN, 8-Ch Audio, Mixed capacitors, ATX
                      min 256mb video card, good for CAD work $107.82 1 $108
                      Inno3D GF 8600GT PCI-E 256MB 128-bit DDR3, HDCP support!!! 540/1400MHz, DirectX 10, Max. Res.2560 x 1600, Dual-Link DVI, VGA, HDTV, Fan
                      preferably twin 250gig or larger HDD's for RAID or mirror for backup $98.18 2 $196
                      Samsung 320GB 'HD321LJ' HDD - SATA II 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, NoiseGuard, SilentSeek, 3-year warranty
                      DVD burner & CD burner (two drives) $34.73 1 $35
                      Samsung SH-S182D Black Internal DOUBLE Layer 18x DVD±RW Drive, 12x DVD-RAM, 8x ±R DL, OEM with Nero 7 Vista compatible software
                      good case, preferably Thermaltake Soprano (black!) $163.18 1 $163
                      "Antec"(USA) Top Quality "Sonata III" QUIET Black Minitower Case, EarthWatts 500Watt PSU, 9 Drive Bays: 3 x 5.25"/2 x 3.5" external, 4 x 3.5" internal drive bays in individual trays with rubber grommets to absorb hard drive vibrations, 1 x standard rear 120mm fan, TriCool 3-speed control, Front Audio/USB/eSATA ports, Washable Air Filter, supports Motherboards up to Standard ATX.
                      sound card/kb and mouse not that important, std stuff will do $46 1 $46
                      Onboard sound is 8 channel. ...Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700, USB optical mouse and keyboard for a clutter free desktop.
                      prefer xp pro, otherwise vista ultimate

min 22" widescreen DVI LCD, 24" would be good! $387 1 $387
                      amsung 22" 225BW Wide TFT Monitor, Black Colour, Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050, 5ms Response Time, 0.282 x 0.282 Pixel Pitch, 280cd/m2 Brightness, 700:1 Contrast Ratio, 160/160 Viewing Angle, Input Connectors: 15 pin D-sub, DVI-D, HAS Stand, MagicTune, MagicBright2,Height Adjustable, Swivel, Tilt.

Full Total: $1,691

I know thats impossible to read but if ure keen just pm me ive got it in microsoft excel

All good parts..

Corsair ram,
                      intel cpu
                      antec cases
                      asus mobo
                      samsung hdd's
                      samsung lcd..

best imo

Comment

I like netplus in ossie park. Got me a mobo + e6600 quad core + 8800 GTS + dual 330 GB Sata + 4 GB + new power supply lat weekend. All goodness BTW: Agree with Nintek comments. I get 3% off with them, but still won't shop there.

Cheers

Comment

+1 for netplus

But by far the best service I've ever had is from an eastern states mob called AusPC Market. If stuff is in stock, I've had it delivered to work in Perth CBD less than 24hours after ordering. Aus PC-Market Online eStore

Comment

If you know that specifically what you want, go buy the bits and build it yourself, imho.

Fuck paying for random computer store to just charge you for it, it's like lego - assuming you get quality gear, like you seem to be intending. I'd never buy a pre-built machine unless it was from one of the big OEMs like Dell/IBM/etc and i wanted the proper corporate support...

I just recently built a similar machine (cept 2gb matched dimms, 2x500gb drives + digital tv tuner with geforce 8800gts) for about 1400 bucks, sans monitor...

One thing i'll add - if it's for business use, get the 2x250gb drives, run a raid 1 mirror (for simplicity - tis all you'll be able to do with only 2 drives anyway), AND get a decent backup solution - something like a single decent sized tape drive.

You can have redundant disks all you like - if your machine gets fried and the controller takes out both disks, you're fucked. If your house burns down, you're fucked. If your PC gets stolen, guess what? You're fucked

If its for business and it's important, get tape backup - and store regular off-site backups (even if it's just at your mum's/gf's/etc house)...
                            Last edited by thro; 19-10-2007, 11:32 PM.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Go to Arrow, tell 'em Rusty sent you

Comment

Working...
                              X