Digital TV - channel guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital TV - channel guide

If you buy a Pioneer 50" plasma you get a couple of friendly gentlemen who will come and install your new toy and even mount it on the wall.

But more importantly, if you DONT buy a humungus Pioneer plasma, and you buy some other digital TV and install it yourself... you MAY not know that the digital TV channels are in fact not all the same.

Yes, you will get channel 7 with "7" or "07" but if you use "70" you get true high definition digital. Standard definition is transmitted to "7", High Definition transmitted to "70" and you can notice the difference (oh so slight but there)

So these are your channels:

Digital TV Channels .... High Definition ......STD Definition ...............TV guides
    ABC .............................20 .................... 2+21(ABC2)
    Seven ..........................70 .....................7 ..................................77
    Nine .............................90 .....................9
    Ten .............................12 .....................1 or 10 ..........................11
    SBS .............................30 .....................3 ..................................31
    Access 31 not available on Digital TV

might enlighten some people
    Last edited by JSXR; 20-10-2007, 12:02 PM.
    www.redbackgraphics.com.au www.crazybitchracing.com www.speedeventseries.com www.letmecheckmygafmeter.com

wait till its tennis time on 7, then a special 7 tennis channel pops up without any adds and then goes away again once the tournament finishes.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
      wait till its tennis time on 7, then a special 7 tennis channel pops up without any adds and then goes away again once the tournament finishes.
      I can hardly wait....decisions, decisions. Watch the paint dry vs watch the tennis vs watch the grass grow
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

..or you could be like us poor country cousins who only get the SBS and ABC channels

Ahh well will have to put up with Optus Aurora for a bit longer yet.

Comment

The channel 70 has been around since digital TV started - it's 7's HD channel. 71, 72, 73 and 7 used to have the same stuff but broadcast in SD. Last monday 7 fired up different programming for 70, after 10.30pm. I don't know if they have it in Perth yet. Also Channel 10 will be doing the same thing soon - their HD channel is 12. Channel 9 did have something like that tennis example but with cricket a couple of years ago. Channel 90 would have the main transmission in HD and stumpcam on channel 91 along with the scoresheet. I don't watch cricket normally but they're grouse when they broadcast them in HD and with 5.1 dolby digital sound.
          Last edited by rod; 20-10-2007, 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

7 can do more with their digital channels because they broadcast in lower resolutions. They are 720p instead of 1080i.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
              Channel 9 did have something like that tennis example but with cricket a couple of years ago.
              From memory, the way Channel 9 did that, was only compatible with specific model(s) of STBs.

Comment

Working...
              X