Internal messaging system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal messaging system?

I work in a small office, and am currently using a system of putting post-it notes of phone messages on everyone's monitors.

Is there a software that I could use, so mesages pop up on the person's screen, and stay there till the person gets rid of it? At the moment the office looks like a pink Post-It promotion.

Help pweeeze?
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

MSN/yahoo/ICQ/mIRC/email ? We use most of these for intra-office communication
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

They don't have email??
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

We use a program called Communicator. It's just like Messenger but has all
        our internal contacts as it's linked to Outlook so it works globally but is mainly
        used for intra-office stuff. Very handy for quick questions or sending files (instead of using email).
        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

to explain more: these guys are in the motor trade, not that handy with computers.

i need popup that will go up when i send them EACH message, so when they come back their screen will be full of messages when they come back to their desk...

Comment

Daise:
            If email isn't working, then i think the problem is more to do with them ignoring messages than not being able to use them.

And if thats the case, they'll just ignore the pop up messages, sticky notes, etc...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If ur using xp or earlier - you can use net send command Which does what you need. Otherwise msn/yahoo/irc etc.... Outlook works too but I agree with Thro - If they aint getting your notes its cause they are using the delete key.

In that case - use outlook and require a read reciept I think there is a way of disabling the ignore option somewhere. If not you can just keep sending them the same message every hour until they do give you a receipt.

The muppets can be trained....

Comment

Try Stickies

Main features:
                • Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
                • Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
                • Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
                • Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it's on screen
                • Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
                  • Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
                  • Play a sound file on receive
                  • Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
                  • Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
                • Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
                • Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
                • Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
                • International language support
                • Stickies works with Windows Vista
                • Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
                • AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
                • ...and Stickies is completely free!
                D'Art

Comment

Customise your Stickies to look like pink post-it notes. lol
                  No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

we are like Stu, we use communicator, its just like msn but we can use it for anyone in the fed govt

Dubs

Comment

I find a big stick works well

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                        to explain more: these guys are in the motor trade, not that handy with computers.

i need popup that will go up when i send them EACH message, so when they come back their screen will be full of messages when they come back to their desk...
                        We had this at a place I use to work. The msg comes up like a note/sticky and stays on the screen til it's deleted.

No idea what the system is called, but it was something very simple.

Good luck.

Comment

looks like Stickies might be the way to go

thanks peoples, I'll let youse know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                          X