Bankwest Hero Transaction Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankwest Hero Transaction Account

Saw an ad on the bankwest site today for their new transaction account which is fee free(ish) and pays 5% interest on what's in the account. Catch: $2000/month must be deposited into the account (no minimum balance), either by yourself or your employer, or another sentient being.

Read the fine print yourselves, but seems good for me.
    Just gonna be a pain having to remember a new account number.

Bankwest Hero Transactor

Would $100 in and out 20 times each month count?

I don't earn $2000 a month yet

Comment

why don't you get an ING account they have 5 something percent and no minimum amount to put in and no need for monthly deposits
      Wes

Comment

Originally posted by likefry View Post
        why don't you get an ING account they have 5 something percent and no minimum amount to put in and no need for monthly deposits
        Who's ING?? Bankwest do not compare the Hero account with them, was going to suggest this account to De as an option to her current one

Comment

"No interest is paid on balances over $5,000."

Pass.
          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Bankwest has 6.5% & 8% accounts (better than ING), but if you're getting 5% on stuff in a transaction account, it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
              "No interest is paid on balances over $5,000."

Pass.
              I don't recall the last time I had $5k in my transaction account for an extended period.
              Their telenet saver pays higher interest and has no limit (for mere mortals anyway)

Comment

But can you link them without incurring fees for transfers or the like?
                This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

As far as I know.

Never been charged for an transfer between my bankwest accounts (Student & Telenet)

Comment

I'm sure I have been charged for the moving of money between the Saver accounts (MAD chocs) and my Equity account

Comment

Have/had an ING account; best rates at the time I joined, simple, easy to use. No brainer. Only issue(?) was transaction time between them (ING) and other bank; not an issue if you can wait a day or two, otherwise all good. Great online facilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X