PSB'ers Working at iiNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB'ers Working at iiNET

Want to sign up to ADSL2+ and was wondering if a PSBer can help me out with a decent deal? ie something like no joining fee or something
    been with iinet for a heck of a long time and thought maybe I could scam something

-Kim

Try Kali or psyched, which reminds me...

Can I get ADSL2+ yet. Username jss.

Comment

Looking at Benny's username now

Kim, I may be able to do something for you - send me your username dude and I'll let you know (I work in Marketing so I know about all the current offers we have on)
      R Legal and loving it

Comment

Originally posted by KiM View Post
        Begging
        Always after a cheaper deal....

Comment

Bad news for you Benny - sorry to say, you're on a subexchange.

Telstra in their wisdom decided not to install a full exchange in your area. Basically, you go through Stratton subexchange, and are then connected to the Midland exchange (which is enabled for ADSL2+).

The bitch about this is that we can't install our own equipment (DSLAMs) in subexchanges... so you are stuck on ADSL1 on that phone line

However, we have some better plans than what you're on now. For $10 more a month you can get speeds up to 8000/384kbps... if you want more details let me know or PM me and I can give you my work number if you wanted to chat about it
          R Legal and loving it

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
            The bitch about this is that we can't install our own equipment (DSLAMs) in subexchanges... so you are stuck on ADSL1 on that phone line
            You sure? A nameless PSB'er who lives in Jane Brook has been told that iiNet are about to put a DSLAM in his subbie....
            It is worth remembering that when a person dies, his or her funeral contributes to the Gross Domestic Product, even though they are no longer there.
            - David James

Comment

Originally posted by Juffy View Post
              You sure? A nameless PSB'er who lives in Jane Brook has been told that iiNet are about to put a DSLAM in his subbie....
              betcha they're not
              "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by KiM View Post
                Want to sign up to ADSL2+ and was wondering if a PSBer can help me out with a decent deal? ie something like no joining fee or something
                been with iinet for a heck of a long time and thought maybe I could scam something

-Kim
                Why are you not using e-wire if you are in Ellenbrook?

Comment

Originally posted by Juffy View Post
                  They tell me that every time I ask too.

So... does iinet do wireless, in Greenwood ?

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                    betcha they're not
                    While I have my doubts too, I really hope they do it. Otherwise he'll ring me up and bash my ear for half an hour about how it's all bullshit and iiNet are wankers.
                    It is worth remembering that when a person dies, his or her funeral contributes to the Gross Domestic Product, even though they are no longer there.
                    - David James

Comment

Ok, here's the deal

Just because you live in the same suburb as someone, doesn't mean you're on the same exchange.

Broadband is totally line dependent - your individual line will determine whether you can get broadband or not (cable length etc).

Trust me, I checked Benny's cable on the house in Jane Brook, and he's on the Stratton sub-exchange, so only ADSL1 (sorry, wish it were otherwise).

Your friend might be different - if you PM me the username I can do a check and tell you what's on offer. He might be on Midland exchange, in which case he probably can get ADSL2+

Benny, iiNet currently don't do WiFi (it's pretty slow anyway, better off with broadband if you can get it) but I know Greenwood in general is fine for ADSL2+ (that's general, depends as I said before on your particular line).

So yeah, I need phone numbers to do exact checks if anyone's interested in knowing for sure (I used to work in the provisioning team before Marketing so I know a fair bit about the back-end systems)

Just don't abuse me if you can't get ADSL2+ :p
                      R Legal and loving it

Comment

All i'm gonna say is we have another nerd who rides bikes

Comment

so kali, can you get me a better deal on my iinet? my adsl2 just doesnt seem fast enuff some times

and do you deal with the likes of gary chappell and sean martin?
                          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Haha, unfortunately I can only do so much - the plans are the way they are for good reason

I only get 4.5 Meg at home

And I'm an employee!! It's so damn dependant on how good your copper is, grrrr!!

You probably have done all the right things - filtered your phone devices, have a decent ADSL2+ modem, short phone cables... it's probably just your copper that's slowing you down.

Yes, I know Sean and Gary - they work on the floor above me

I'm in Marketing like I said, so I don't deal with them regularly but our paths do cross on occasion.

And yes Viper, I am a bit of a nerd... going to a LAN this weekend, completed Portal the other night (love the credits on that game!!)
                            R Legal and loving it

Comment

well, it makes me feel so much better that you're only getting the same speeds as me.apparently iinets backhaul sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X