Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes and connection

can someone help me maybe?

my work laptop can't connect with itunes to the iTunes store, or the apple website or anything.
    explorer and firefox can access the internet perfectly just not iTunes. its a work computer so the thought occurred to me that it may be blocked but this shouldn't happen when im not connected through the work network. i've never had a similar problem before.

i ahave a private laptop and im using it at the same time and it can access teh store just fine. fruck knows what the problem is
    im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Crappy firewall ?

Comment

Windows?

Comment

port closed..
        Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphen View Post
          port closed..
          bingo

Comment

can i change the port or is it a firewall thing?

Comment

Might also be software installed on your laptop by your work that enforces certain sites to be blocked. Btw it may also monitor what you do on your work laptop, what sites you visit, what you install and so on...

Comment

You also might find that it is Bonjour messing with your DHCP settings.

Comment

WTF is Bonjour, anyway - it's been installed with something on my machine at home and occasionally the firewall is asking if I want it to be able to talk to the universe.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

could it be something to do with Internet Explorer? Would it get the connection details from IE? i had to change the connection settings from my work proxy last night for IE to work. i didnt check normally because I used Firefox. ill see if that changed itunes tonight.

i asked the IT guy today and he said he couldnt think of anything on the laptop that would stop it. filtering is all done by the servers not the individual machines.

doesnt matter about what i use the work machine for as long as i dont break it. the IT guy doesn't care.

Comment

you pay for music????

strange!
                      Every day you wake up is a good day

Comment

Working...
                      X