Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Flights & Interest Rates

Hi All

What effects does the Aus Interest Rates have on flights to UK?

I'm wanting to get an Emirates flight to UK via their early bird deal (must leave by Mid Feb) but was wondering if the whole Interest Rate scenario would make it reasonable to buy next year (wanting to leave Mid March)?

Milliejane

They were talking about things being dollar for dollar in the next 6 months, which will save you about 10% on the A$ side of things if they're charging $US. Wait till the interest rate announcement on Tuesday, and I think you'll see it go up a little bit more.

BUT! As with most flight offers, the ticket prices increase sharply as you near the departure date, so you should take this into account.

Comment

Originally posted by milliejane View Post
      Hi All

What effects does the Aus Interest Rates have on flights to UK?

I'm wanting to get an Emirates flight to UK via their early bird deal (must leave by Mid Feb) but was wondering if the whole Interest Rate scenario would make it reasonable to buy next year (wanting to leave Mid March)?

Milliejane
      Don't think the interest rate will have any effect, but foreign exchange rates will, depending on airline.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_rattigan View Post
        Don't think the interest rate will have any effect, but foreign exchange rates will, depending on airline.
        Interest rates affect the exchange rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
          Interest rates affect the exchange rate.
          Good point - sorry, wasn't quite thinking.

Comment

fuck if the aussie and us $ equalise ill shoot someone. GAH.

Comment

No you won't Davey. I need new parts. Shoosh. Here, have a cup of tea. Chill.

Comment

AUD ftw!!!

Comment

Im glad work pays me in $Aus not $US, and I agree with torq, I need parts and maybe even a whole car from the states soon, so I is a very happy lad.
                  In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Working...
                  X