Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool to validate signed data (xml document and binary file)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool to validate signed data (xml document and binary file)

Does anyone know of a tool which allows you to verify signed data (both binary and xml, given a public key supplied via a text (or other) file)?

The tool (or tools) are required to do the following:

1. Given a signed xml document, allows the user to verify the contents of that document based upon a public key that the user provides from an external source (i.e. there is no key information stored in the xml document and the public key is stored as a text file on a network drive someplace (temporary key storage until a key management system is created))

2. Given a binary file, allows the user to verify the contents of the file given a public key (same key as used above). It would be cool if this tool could verify specific parts of the file e.g. bytes 100 - 199, but I think that is asking a bit much.

Unfortunately, I cant write a tool to do this because I am required to validate the tool I have already written (validation has to occur using an external application).

Cheers.

P.S. So as not to confuse the testers the tool(s) have to be windows based and not require a dozen and one other libraries.

P.P.S. Like every other tool we are using, free my boss adores free stuff.
    Last edited by Darkbyte; 05-11-2007, 10:52 AM. Reason: More info

PGP?

Something like this?

The GNU Privacy Guard - GnuPG.org
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thanks dude, but not quite.

The boss has decided I will be writing a tool to do it and releasing the source for customer inspection......

Boss still doesnt believe I couldnt find something 3rd party and free. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
      X