Uninstall Symantec AV Corporate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Symantec AV Corporate

Ok... im about to go fucking spare here.

I have a server which was running Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10.2 - There appeared a few problems with licensing and what seemed like corruption issues, so I uninstalled the System Centre Console, Symantec AV server and the reporting server.

So... a nice clean start, so you would think... when I now reinstall (after a reboot), It seems to install just fine... but when you go into the System Centre Console, half of the shit doesnt work. I get error popups with no text too (just the yellow exclamation mark).

Have just spent 1hr going through what Symantec calls a knowledge base and found fuck all except a tool for removing their POS norton products from home computers. You'd think they would have a similar tool for AV corporate.

So, has any of the techies out there had experience with this lovely piece of software? Any tips/suggestions?

*We simply cannot decide to just use another AV product, we have considerable investment in the current licenses.
    If you can... you MUST!

12 gauge should just about sort it out.

On a more serious note what have Symantec said about the issue? Do that have a recommended resolution?

Comment

I cant even find this problem in their knowledge base...
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Do you have other Symantec products running on the same server? When you uninstall av corp, does it leave residual registry entries and files in the c:\program files\symantec\whatever it's called folder?

Comment

Just empty folders in the file system. Ive looked thru the registry and cleared out as many "symantec" and "virus" searched keys as I could.

There's got to be another place with a whole gold mine of settings/files
          If you can... you MUST!

Comment

i had the same problem last year with a server.

in the end i went spare and wiped the entire server and started a-fresh.

Comment

and I bet they charge for support

Antisource - Antivirus Forums - Symantec Corporate Edition / Norton Antivirus

Corporate removal Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Klink View Post
                There's got to be another place with a whole gold mine of settings/files
                Documents and Settings for the user that installed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post
                  Documents and Settings for the user that installed it?
                  For a piece of server software? God, I hope not

Comment

Yeah nah I just checked... nothing there... well I'll just press on and see what I can find.

Thnx for your time tho guys
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

program files\common files?
                      that contains a load of symantec shit here, this is just running a client copy tho

Comment

Yeah symantec is a bitch, I'm not sure if this is relevant these days(thank god for being free from IT forever) but the console used to actually be presented using tomcat, so check to see if that is installed and the service is running. While you're there, make sure all your other services are good(although you've probably checked 'em a billion times)
                        I'm assuming there is no firewalling on that server.
                        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Klink, did you try the link Taint posted? I am having the same issue too. Haven't had a chance to run it yet though.

Comment

Working...
                          X