Electronics Geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics Geeks

I've got an idea for some lights behind the fairings that I want to install at some stage, and want someone to check out the circuit I have drawn up (and if there are any changes I need to make).

The diagram shows one circuit for one side of the bike.
    The lights are run off 150V AC and draw <100mA, so I'll be using a solid state relay if possible.

The lighting is 'always' on except for when:
    1. The indicator switch closes a circuit (turns lighting off)
    2. The indicator light flashes (turns lighting on temporarily)

Eg, lights are always on, but when indicators for that side are active, the appropriate side will flash in time.

Circuit is as follows:

Somehow i dont think thats going to work....

Needs Mo pics.

Comment

No worky....
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Lights behind the fairings? Doesn't make any sense. what are you trying to do exactly?

Comment

Hmm. Pics working for me.

Lights are going to cast light onto the sidemount radiators, so should be a nice strong glow at night.
          Would be cool if they worked with the indicators.

Comment

I see j00r pix but i dont think that circuits gunna work.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

description of what you are trying to do needs a little more clarification.

Do you want both sides to always be on, but one side to turn off when your indicators turn off?
              ie when turning left, the right side stays on and the left side flashes?
              or do you mean when you want to turn left, right side goes off and left flashes.... then cancel indicator and both side come back on fully?

Comment

Originally posted by xphread View Post
                ie when turning left, the right side stays on and the left side flashes?
                or do you mean when you want to turn left, right side goes off and left flashes.... then cancel indicator and both side come back on fully?
                ^^ Either of those two.
                I think the latter will be easier due to the wiring of the bike.

Aphex: I'm not really a circuits man, what's missing/wrong with this one?

Comment

Get a higher wattage flasher unit and wire the new bulbs inline with the existing indicators.

Comment

well i can't see how the inverter circuit is connected to the lights in that circuit
                    Wes

Comment

likefry: There's a relay there. My diagram might not be 100% conventional, but I thought it was clearly marked.

Desmo: Not what I had in mind. I want them to be running lights that double as indicators, not just indicators.

Comment

My first described scenario is the easist...

Leave the AC circuit as it is. (if thats whats required to drive the "EL (glo?) wire")
                        (I assume thats the circle with the X through it?)

Simply join the +ve input of the NC (12V) relay to the +12v feed for the indicator bulb.
                        (T-join the wire from the left indicator, to the left relay and vice versa)
                        (and also earth the -ve input of the relay)

That way when the indicator comes on, the glow wire circuit is cut, and will turn off.
                        Sure, it will be out of sync with the indicator, but effect could be just as cool.

Comment

Yeah, I'm basically looking for a way to sync it with the indicators...
                          Could do it with a second relay, but that starts getting expensive as I'll need 5 @ $12/piece (two per side + relay for for the driver)

Comment

you know, depending on the EL gear, you could do this all with a single transistor.
                            Last edited by Kryzaach; 11-11-2007, 05:00 PM. Reason: asdfasdf
                            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Oh wait, my bad.... You want them on ALL the time...
                              Three-Input DTL NAND Gate
                              "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Working...
                              X