Daise needs sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daise needs sleep

I keep waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes more than once, for no reason.

It's taking me ages to get back to sleep, and it's starting to affect me. Concentration down at work, dark circles under the eyes, and feeling absolutely knackered the entire time.

Can anyone recommend anything to help me sleep through the night?

I miss my sleep
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Hey Daise , Sorry to hear of the sleeplessness.
    I have similar problems and I sometimes use a mixture of Essential oils in an oil burner.
    2 drops of Clary Sage 2 drops of Neroli 4 drops Lavender, light the candle under the burner and place in the bedroom with the door almost closed 30 mins before retiring.Leave alight all night till it burns itself out (make sure its in a safe location)

Another thing I have tried although its not my cup of tea ( bad Pun there)

drink a cup of Chamomile tea 30 mins before bedtime.

Hope this helps....

Failing that a full bottle of Jack Daniels works a treat lol

Comment

Nightmares?

Hash is widely available there.

Or something legally herbal - Valarien
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Just have a bong, you'll be right.

No doubt you have the central heating fully cranking by now - are you waking up dehydrated or feeling thirsty? I always used to keep a bottle of water by my bed because the central heating used to dry the place out bigtime.

Do you live near a busy road?

Comment

+1 on Valerian. Get it at Tesco. They often sell in different strengths, get the strongest one and try one the first night, two the next until you actually get to sleep.

Take them about an hour before you want to go to bed.

But work out what's waking you up too. The bed uncomfortable? Poor ventilation in the room? Temperature? Snoring +1?
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Any light coming in to the room? Affects some more than others, my room needs to be totally dark or I wake at first light and can't get back to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              +1 on Valerian. Get it at Tesco. They often sell in different strengths, get the strongest one and try one the first night, two the next until you actually get to sleep.

Take them about an hour before you want to go to bed.

But work out what's waking you up too. The bed uncomfortable? Poor ventilation in the room? Temperature? Snoring +1? Missing lee too much?
              Edited in most likely cause of lack of sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                Just have a bong, you'll be right.

No doubt you have the central heating fully cranking by now - are you waking up dehydrated or feeling thirsty? I always used to keep a bottle of water by my bed because the central heating used to dry the place out bigtime.

Do you live near a busy road?
                We have the central heating off as the apartment is insulated. In fact some nights we have a fan on!

We are next to a busy road, but the apartment is pretty much sound-proofed.

Originally posted by mystery View Post
                Any light coming in to the room? Affects some more than others, my room needs to be totally dark or I wake at first light and can't get back to sleep.
                No light, blinds closed permanently. Plus it's dark from 4pm - 730am here, so that's not a problem.

Originally posted by lee View Post
                Edited in most likely cause of lack of sleep

I have no idea. It can't be the new place because it was happening to me before we moved.

I just wake up like I normally would in the morning. I'm currently taking NightNurse medication for a nasty cold, and that puts me on my arse, but I'm still waking up in the middle of the night

Comment

IMO the best thing to sleep well is good diet, exercise and meditation.

Also a glass of red in the evening is also proven (i believe) to help a nights sleep
                  HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

As above, start doing some light exercise.. work up a sweat.. eat a good meal.. relax before you go to bed..

Silly little thing.. empty your bladder.. summer months you prob drink more and your body wakes up cause u gotta pee

being a gym guy i drink tons of water and most of the time wake up mid sleep to pee..

my first guess

Comment

Also may want to try Melatonin. Its usually given to shift workers to reset body clocks, but who knows maybe you are still on Perth time.

Comment

If he's doing his job and shagging you properly you should be almost unconscious for 6 hours post - "goodnight".

"Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                          Also may want to try Melatonin. Its usually given to shift workers to reset body clocks, but who knows maybe you are still on Perth time.
                          does jetlag last three months?

Comment

No, but the days are becoming much shorter than you are used to even in Perth. I know I had trouble with the day length when i came to Perth from Darwin. Uk is quite a high latitude so maybe the lack of sunlight is stuffing up your body clock. Either way Drugs like Valerian & Melatonin are safe to take so give em a go.

I used to get chronic insomnia and for me pot was the only cure.

Comment

Natural Remedy:
                              Go for a walk after dinner for 30-45 minutes. You'll be energised for perhaps another 30-45 after you get home, but don't worry, that's just your metabolism going too fast. It'll burn up any latent energy and you'll be exhuasted soon after, sort of feels like a sugar rush coming down.

Speaking of which, since you're tired during the day you might be inclined to artificially stimulate yourself with sugars and caffine like drugs, these will work against you getting to sleep later in the day.

In the end, your body is telling you what it wants.
                              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X