Is there a Superannuation Watchdog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Superannuation Watchdog?

Just curious if anyone has ever had a drama with their employer or Super fund losing some money in the system somewhere?

I have a little gem happening to me at the moment, but would like to know who to report it to?

Is there an industry watchdog that deals with corruption and fraud on domestic accounts?

Any help would be great thanks guys.
    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Domestic

try this Rob. good luck mate
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

The ATO is the best place to start.

Superannuation
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

Dont let this slide. The government is really good at smashing the shit out of any employer who skimps on paying super. Make a complaint and they will rake them over the coals.

Comment

It takes quite a few months for amounts to appear on my superannuation statement, but if it's longer running. Definately chase up cameronjones's link - The ATO has the power of the pineapple (they won't like missing out on 15% of your super contributions)

Not sure how they'll chase it up after the farce with John D'Orazio a few years ago, but hope it goes well...

Comment

Thanks for your help there Gents - Good stuff
            Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

as a payroll officer, can I point out that if your employer is set to pay your contributions quarterly then yes, it may take some time for payments to be shown. If they are quarterly then payments are due to be paid by 28 Oct, 28 Jan, 28 April and 28 July.

From first hand knowledge, even tho we often send cheques on the 11th of the quarter, they can take 3 to 4 weeks for the fund to process.

The above is in no way trying to absolve your employer just to explain froma different viewpoint.
              Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Di View Post
                as a payroll officer, can I point out that if your employer is set to pay your contributions quarterly then yes, it may take some time for payments to be shown. If they are quarterly then payments are due to be paid by 28 Oct, 28 Jan, 28 April and 28 July.

From first hand knowledge, even tho we often send cheques on the 11th of the quarter, they can take 3 to 4 weeks for the fund to process.

The above is in no way trying to absolve your employer just to explain froma different viewpoint.
                When we receive SG Contributions we make sure that they are processed to the members account within 48 hours of receipt as per APRA requirements, provided we can correctly identify the funds of course. If we still haven't identified who the funds belong to within 28 days the money is returned to the employer.

Comment

Working...
                X