fine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fine?

Got booked the other day for talking on the phone hands free. I thought it was o.k to talk hands free, who do I go to to find out if the fine is worth fighting? Someone told me to call the police ombedsman is this correct

dunno if its correct or not but mate.. shrink ur avatar!

Comment

Not sure (but that's never stopped me from offering an opinion) but the wording of the rule seems to indicate that you need more than just a normal phone on loudspeaker - it's gotta be a proper in-car handsfree system. Or something like that. Good luck with it though, you were trying to do the righty more than most people bother - and please post back and let us know how you go!
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
        you need more than just a normal phone on loudspeaker - it's gotta be a proper in-car handsfree system. Or something like that.
        Thats the way I interpret it as well.

I see plenty of people driving around holding their phones in front of their faces using the loudspeaker and I think to myself "why not just hold it you your ear? Its just as visible"

Holding the phone is not using handsfree people.

Comment

I wonder though - if I answer the phone in the car it's in a cradle on the dash, could I still technically get the pineapple?
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

there is no doubt that laws like this (in fact the vast majority of laws) are deliberately worded in obscure ways. After all, they certainly wouldnt want to make it easy for people to do the right thing.

yeah isnt the wording something like you have to have a hands free device plugged into your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod
              Let me guess, you had it on speakerphone and where holding it in front of your mouth.
              and yeah, if this is the case, then you deserve to get fined. No one could honestly think that this would qualify as "hands free"....but then again people are really really stupid.

Comment

If you were dialling the number, even with a wireless headset thing on, you're gonna get stung.

If your hands touched the phone at all facilitating a call, busted.
                This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

don't flame so quickly

he did state "hands free" which precludes holding it in front of his mouth

settle down
                  im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

Well the whole point of it was is to inforce the whole two hands on the wheel thing.

Comment

had the phone on the seat next to me. I don't have a proper set up that's why I must of got done. better get a proper set up or just ride my bike more often to work.

Comment

so how come we can still use UHF radios, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Juice View Post
                          had the phone on the seat next to me. I don't have a proper set up that's why I must of got done.
                          You fail.

Comment

You had the phone on the seat next to you so the copper must have seen you whilst dialing the number or prior to activating HF mode.
                            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                            Its the little things that make the difference
                            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                              so how come we can still use UHF radios, etc?
                              Deemed as Driving aids.

Comment

Working...
                              X