Latest PSB Election Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest PSB Election Poll

Given we're now only a few days out from the election, and the television and radio campaigning is due to end, let's have a re-poll and see what saturday's result might look like.

Included in this one are options for swinging voters.
    Staunch Liberal
    40.87%
    Swinging Liberal
    13.91%
    Staunch Labor
    26.96%
    Swinging Labor
    18.26%

The poll is expired.

This two party system fucking sucks.

That is all.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

I just hope people aren't dumb enough to vote labor.
      Originally posted by kyliejane
      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
      Originally posted by harns
      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

I actually hope Labor win, not for what they stand for or any of that shit, but because the Liberals are pretty much just going to do their thing after the election the same as before, Labor however promises reform. I want to hear the strong red friend's of mine slam a good: "HA! Now fucking watch it all change!" and then absolutely nothing happen as promises are deferred for later, just like every single other party promising change does when it gets elected.

I'd be happy if Kevin lost the leadership and Julia brought in a hard line union controlled workplace, just so the mining companies looking to set up new infrastructure decide against building because of the threat of strike delays.

All so I can laugh all the way to the bank. Interest rates don't effect me, if they rise, that's really good because my cash is only going to get better and if someone who spent way too much money on a house that $50 a month sent them broke loses their house, well then I can buy their place nice and cheap and they can learn responsible financial commitment the hard way.
        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
          Let's hope they aren't dumb enough to vote for lying Howard again. Here are some of his classic lies to jog your memories:
          "there will never be a GST"; "interest rates will not go up under a Liberal government"; "they threw their children overboard!"; "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction"; "Sadaam Hussain has a human mincing machine" (o rly?); and many, many, more porky pies.

The Liberals keep bragging about budget surpluses while our roads have potholes and hospitals scream for more beds. Shame on the Liberal government.

Finally, let's not forget that John Howard is to George Bush what Monica Lewinsky was to Bill Clinton (as someone on psb has said before).

So what was that about dumb people voting?
          "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

The Labor party came up with a 15% GST. Wouldn't it be awesome if they could bring it in now if they get into power?!!

I'd love that too.

Edit: The GST was put in place to reduce the state taxes, but the Labor controlled states didn't drop their taxes, so the Liberal plan to reduce overall taxes was crushed by the states, of which I think only one was Liberal controlled? Who's really fucking you?
            This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

don't roads and hospitals fall under the state (labour) government?
              The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

They sure do. It's an important feature of our political system because it allows for targeted funds, Federal control of medical and roads would benefit those most able to help the government in power, which means NSW and VIC would be given a disproportionate allocation of resources. Lets face it, if a politician wants to keep his/her job, they have to keep their voters happy and there are more elected representatives per area in the state government than in the federal parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
                  You say that as if you think there'll be any real changes either way?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

The problem is most "issues" caused by state gov't are pawned off as being caused by federal government and nobody puts 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                      Interest rates don't effect me,
                      Speaking of interest rates I can only laugh at the Libs scare campaign about interest rates under Labour more than a decade ago. Yeah it was 15% or whatever, BUT then you could buy a house and land in an inner city suburb for $150,000. It's a lot worse now with the same house and land going for $750,000. Thanks Johnny.

And don't you worry, thanks to the the wild pre-election spending promises by both parties, the interest rates will rise no matter who wins (but probably less under labour as their spending promises are more modest and more long-term future oriented).
                      "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

Originally posted by Spock View Post
                        Let's hope they aren't dumb enough to vote for lying Howard again. Here are some of his classic lies to jog your memories:
                        "there will never be a GST"; "interest rates will not go up under a Liberal government";

The Libs went into the election saying loud and clear they were introducing the GST. It was their main policy of that campaign.

"interest rates will not go up under a Liberal government" - ummmmm thats not my recollection of his words. I thought it was more like "interest rates will always be lower under a liberal government".

but meh, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by 9zero View Post
                          don't roads and hospitals fall under the state (labour) government?
                          Yeah, but don't you think the Federal government could throw a bit of the surplus money our way? Haven't you seen roads with signs saying "this road improvement project is federally funded"? It can be done.
                          "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

how many billion was the state gov't surplus this year, around 6 or 7 wasn't it?

Comment

I am not hugely clued up on these IR laws so I dont want to open my trap too much about it but from my limited knowledge I am not so hot on them. I am really torn, I don't think I could vote for Rudd - his demeanour reminds me of a giggling primary school girl, however Costello is a knobber.

Thankfully I got out of voting this year.

Labor leadership - been shit for years, Liberal leadership = costello *thumbs down*
                              The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

Working...
                              X