Simple web came set up, tell me how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple web came set up, tell me how?

OK i need to find the simplist web cam set up for this situation, i am also web came noob but can figure it out

folks and sister in QLD us here (3 seperate towns in QLD)
    1 set of parents have no computer experiance (i mean none! lol )
    others can do most stuff (i hope )

i am giving me old laptop to my mum (no computer exp) for xmas and was thinking of getting a web cam set up for it. So she can see and hear our new daughter more often . Mum is going to do some computer training at her end

i thin i will need to have to set up an icon (shortcut) that will open to the webcam "page" or setup and startworking. maybe a fewcliks

was also thinking maybe seting up some sort of remote access from my end to assist? how do i simplify that?

other 2 locations should be ok without much help?

i will be there for set up at xmas

is Skype an easy answer?
    anyone got else something that will work very simply?
    Become a venture capitalist

Kiva, loans that save lives

skype or MSN will make it all a lot easier.

Best bet is to both download/install the latest version of MSN, both buy microsoft brand cameras, which once installed will work seamlessly with MSN Then it's just a matter of logging into msn and clikcing one button to start a video conversation.

Comment

most cams these days are plug n play so a simple install of the cam and MSN, Skype, Yahoo will pick them up and away you go ... very easy!

Comment

extra question

1 location can only get dial up (remote) they can get telstra wireless i think (but i think thats expensive)

will a camera work on dial up? or is it to slow?
        Become a venture capitalist

Kiva, loans that save lives

Comment

yes it will work but it will be slow.

Comment

you won't get true video, more like a frame or 2 a second but they can still see what is going on on the other end

Comment

Working...
            X