acromioclavicular joint strapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acromioclavicular joint strapping

Any physios or strappers in here able to explain how to do this properly?
    And does anyone know how long it will take to get back to normal after an AC joint seperation? I've read anything from 6 weeks to 2 years

Fruitbat?

Comment

You know what would help your shoulder? Stop getting it up

Comment

Re: recovery time, it depends on the degree of tearing of the ligaments. If it's grade 3 (the most serious) you will always have a step deformity in your joint.

Strapping it:
        1)rest arm out at about a 30 degree angle from your side (put elbow on pillows)
        2)get white tape (Fixomull) and tape it in a ring around arm at the point above your biceps muscle where it meets your deltoid muscle (the place where people get arm-band tattoos)
        3) use white tape to go from this band up to your collarbone and place lots of strips in the same fashion so they make a fan shape meeting at a point on the end of your collarbone (make sure the tape pieces bridge the gap across the A-C joint.
        4) place brown sports strapping tape, in the same fashion, over the white tape.

NB: you may not want to listen to me though as you seem to have an aversion for anything from Joondalup Health Campus, so what would I know?

Comment

Originally posted by naked_sheff View Post
          NB: you may not want to listen to me though as you seem to have an aversion for anything from Joondalup Health Campus, so what would I know?
          Nice play....your serve Desmo
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
            Any physios or strappers in here able to explain how to do this properly?
            And does anyone know how long it will take to get back to normal after an AC joint seperation? I've read anything from 6 weeks to 2 years
            Depends what you want to define as normal. And no, I"m not being smart.

Have done both sides playing rugby, left much worse than the right.

With the right one, didn't miss a game. But missed a few weeks with the left, but always had to have it strapped otherwise the pain from playing was too much.

So it was never "normal" but with strapping and gritted teeth, could do what I did before.

Although even now, when I go for a run, I have to strap it up if i'm running 16 ks or more.....I'm not a physio, but my understanding is the damaged ligaments allow a degree of movement that becomes painful if I run too far.

So, if the injury is severe enough, it will never be the same as before, but many rugby players and Aussie rules players play on after damaging the A-C.

If you're referring to Casey Stoner, don't know exactly how bad is injury was, but 6 weeks would have to be the worst case scenario.

Comment

It's nothing against you I swear, I know it's a private Hospital etc etc, but I shall from now on refer to Joondalup Hospital as "The pre-morgue"

Comment

unfortunately Desmo, you're not alone.

naked_sheff: you're not to blame for the shortcomings of the public health system, nobody is criticising you.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Not at all, naked_sheff is not to blame here in the slightest, no malice intended, but whatever happened to the Hypocratic oath is beyond me. I suppose it takes a back seat to making money.

Comment

I will... HI

Comment

In my humble, and uneducated opinion, someone with a head injury should get a CT scan as a matter of course, especially if they where out for 5-6 minutes.
                      I also went back, told them I was still dizzy and they told me to go to my GP to arrange a scan when a CT machine would have been a few floors away.
                      Don't get me wrong, the people there are extremely nice and pleasant, but if you aren't a private patient, don't expect anything, even if you should really have it.

Comment

I hear what you are saying Desmo about your experience.
                        I just dislike Joondalup Health Campus being bad-mouthed constantly. You will find that every hospital has some incidents, but thanks to the media bashing up Joondalup several years ago (for things that were caused by human error NOT hospital processes), the public has a preconceived idea that Joondalup is bad.
                        It is sad that people dont spread stories about how well they were treated there, they only remember the bad.

It is an excellent hospital in my opinion. I wouldn't have continued working there for 8 years if I saw evidence of poor treatment across the board.
                        If you saw what went on behind the doors of all of the hospitals in perth from time to time (private included) your toes would curl.....

Comment

Working...
                        X