Pet spiders, whats good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet spiders, whats good?

I have a pet/house guest huntsman named Francisco. He (well she, but I didnt want to name him / er her Franchesca after I found out he was a she). He/she runs around he house and the backyard quite comfortably and always comes back. He/she will quite happily run up my arm if I need to move her, for things like family Christmas gatherings (oh I have seen the funniest events), and will stay where I move her. Be it inside or outside.

This got me thinking. What kind of BIG spiders can you legally own as a pet in Perth. Obviously there would be a cage etc.

None. They should all be killed with fire.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

Oh common mate. Give em half a chance. Do you know how many flies I have buzzin around my backyard? NONE!

Comment

I'm with Cam on this one buddy.

I do recognise their contribution to nature, but if they're in my house, they're trespassing (cos they sure as shit aren't invited) and home-defense laws come into play.

I fuggin hate spiders :o

ps: that's pretty cool how the spider crawls up your arm though. Just keep it away from me!
        Originally posted by vk6hgr
        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Nah spiders are a good thing. The get rid of nasty little bitey annoying creatures of the 6 legged variety.
          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
          Its the little things that make the difference
          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Motherfucking Tarantula

Comment

You can get bird Eating Spider. Babys cost about $20 and adults $80. They aren't easy to keep, and need to be kept at the right temperature ranges.

They can also become agressive and dont always like to be handled. You can buy live or frozen crickets for them to eat.

I so wish we could have tarantulas here in Oz. Very friendly spiders. Thats pretty good keeping yours as the females can be a bit bitey at times.
              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Motherfucking Tarantula
                ^^ one of my customers breeds them!!
                apparently she has won awards in shows in the states

Comment

I dont know about in W.A but in N.S.W i had a South African bird eating spider.
                  It just lived in a glass fish tank (without the water )
                  I bought it from a local pet shop and they supplied all that was needed to keep him. Crickets and baby mice were his favourites.
                  And yes i needed a licence to keep him.

Comment

Ew... I agree with Cam all the way *shudders* Mortein make a killing from me.
                    In the cherry blossom's shade
                    There's no such thing
                    as a stranger.

Comment

You dudes are fucking tapped.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

mate ... u'r quite welcome to pop round and help yourself to ALL the big blek spiders that nest along my fence

Oh, free of charge

Comment

The only good spider:

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Are they blek n furry?
                            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                              The only good spider:
                              I beleive coughing spiders are quite kind creatures at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X