Good Aussi Garlic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Aussi Garlic!

I know this may be a little off the track but I am sick of this god damm chinese crap ass no flavour Garlic that all shops seem to carry these days!
    What happen to the Aussi grower! (No offence to any chinese people)but its crap.
    Where can you get the good stuff? NOR
    Maybe I should try grow my own!?
    Success is Choice.

Chinese is crapola.

Aussie is hard to find at the best of times.

No Aussie growers anymore because of numerous stuff. Grow your own and sell to me please.

Comment

When we go to Barbagello - I think it's Neerabup Road? there is a market garden we go past (on the right on the way to Barbagello) that has a sign out the front for Garlic. Can't remember what else they had on the sign that they grow.

HTH

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.

Homer Simpson

Comment

Ill stick to growing tomatoes and herbs(legal herbs that is Munches)haha
        Ive got a track day next sunday at Barbagello so ill keep and eye out.
        Probably cost more than the other herb these days!
        On ya!
        Success is Choice.

Comment

[quote=coshane;708116]I know this may be a little off the track but I am sick of this god damm chinese crap ass no flavour Garlic that all shops seem to carry these days!
          What happen to the Aussi grower! (No offence to any chinese people)but its crap.
          Where can you get the good stuff? NOR
          Maybe I should try grow my own!?[/quote]

You answered your own question, its the way to go.
          07 MV F41000R
          09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
          07 CBR 600RR trackbike
          sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Hi Ozboy,
            You do it?
            Im thinking that myself now. Will have a scout on the net and check out growing conditions.Have to find a good seed to start I guess!
            Success is Choice.

Comment

Here's a link to get you started - if you end up with too much you'll probably find a few of us that will buy it from you

Australian garlic - growing garlic in the garden.

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.

Homer Simpson

Comment

haha, cheers zen, you'll be the first too know!
                hey, I could be onto something here!
                Success is Choice.

Comment

I use to grow garlic. Was strong as buggery. Realy easy to look after. Id still be doing it now but my dogs feel they deserve to taste test anything that smells like it might be edible in the garden.
                  In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                  Its the little things that make the difference
                  Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                  If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Thats what You want, strong. keep that damm flu away!
                    Those mutts of yours cant be too fussy, I keep telling my wife ours are spoilt!
                    Success is Choice.

Comment

Nah they'll eat anything.
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

i buy organic garlic from someone i work with who lives in denmark. they cant produce it for what chinese garlic sells for in supermarkets. its bloody excellent and tastes nothing like the crap being sold in supermarkets now.
                        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Last time I was in Woolies they had some Aussie stuff Maybe check it out and if they don't ask them to get some in - if they know ppl are after it they might brighten up and get some in. Yup the Chinese garlic is so bloody bland!

Comment

might have a go at growing that 2.
                            wonder if the smell might keep the bugs off me brocoli .everytime a crops ready the bugs beat me too it.
                            not into chemicals here on homegrown stuff,bad enuff from the shops.

theres that market gardener just off roe hwy heading south on albany hwy,they have home grown garlic,not bad stuff !bit of a drive from up here.
                            thanks for that tip for a market garden up here zen, will keep an eye out for it

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Get a mini hydroponics kit, grow it with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X