Health Insurance Covers = HEAD F*%#!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance Covers = HEAD F*%#!

Is it just me or are Health insurance policys a total and utter head fuck.

What policys and providers do people use? How much do they generally pay a month and do they think its useful or value for money?

I'm with Medibank Private and pay about $80 a month, for that i get reasonable cover but one i never use (thankfully) at least i know if i bin the bike (touch wood) i will get a free ambo ride to a private hospital..

I am eyeing of HBF now however as i reckon they have some good products.

Comments?

HBF young singles twin pack

~$35 a month
    Has everything I need because I need for an ambulance trip and some hospital cover

Comment

HBF suck. Read info very carefully. One of the guys I work with was a manager there and...does not recomend them or even have health cover with them. There is a lot of stuff they do not pay for or pay a very minimal amount.
      I am with GMHBA, both myself and two boys are covered. So far they have been great.
      Why be difficult?
      Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

do you use the ancillary cover rooster ?

I was with HBF but was sadly disappointed.. they payout shit !

Switched to SGIO Health ( MBF repackaged ) and the payout is awesome !

I broke a tooth in an accident at work, $150 worth of dental work.. $25 cost me.. wife had baby, no out of pocket - except for the hospital co-payment of $150 a day ( for the first 4 days ) and the baby was free..

I'd dodge hbf.. imo.. they're a bunch of thieving fuxors !
        Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Originally posted by Tuscadero View Post
          HBF suck. Read info very carefully. One of the guys I work with was a manager there and...does not recomend them or even have health cover with them. There is a lot of stuff they do not pay for or pay a very minimal amount.
          Really? I have never made a claim so it is hard to test. I simply went on advice that was posted in another "what health insurance should I use" thread.

I also get a discount on my car insurance

Comment

I am with medibank, costs be $24 odd a fortnight and never use it thankfully, I should check it out as they do a bonus thing I can use for various shit, should go to the dentist for a clean and scale and check up every 6 months for free 2 but dont

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post

I also get a discount on my car insurance
              Discounts not worth it

I still find its still cheaper for me to insure elsewhere - without a discount

I'm with HBF for health cover cause I'm to lazy to change

Comment

Please see the thread for my car, then you will realise it is useful to get a discount on my car insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Tuscadero View Post
                  I am with GMHBA, both myself and two boys are covered. So far they have been great.
                  mmm they might have changed, but back in 1991, I had to change to them to get proper dental coverage, the fund I was in only let you take your dental from a particular type i.e. general dental from general dental, surgical dental from surgical dental, but HBF allowed you to pool your dental and get a much better deal, plus at teh time it had a higher dental rebate.

Haven't bothered changing cos it doesn't make that much difference in the long run, but if someone wants to read all the crap and tell me whats best, I'll pay tehm the difference that I'd save over the year.

mmm that sounds like a good money maker for someone, maybe someone is already doing that???
                  Last edited by Stoneville; 04-01-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

im with HBF and looking to go else where. recently got some new frames and lenses. they paid out like $50 out of something like $500. screw that for a joke!

the fees are always going up yet what they pay for seems to be less each time.

another crap thing about HBF is you cant get the amount they pay automatically deducted when u pay. Ie, say u go to the physio, u need to pay the full amount and then claim back (either stand in a queue or post in) a form. others offer the ability to just have it deducted at the PoS and you just pay the difference.

Comment

so you pay for something that doesnt pay out, if you do have to use it - in the hope of saving a couple bucks ?

sounds like madness to me.. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR6 View Post
                        im with HBF and looking to go else where. recently got some new frames and lenses. they paid out like $50 out of something like $500. screw that for a joke!

the fees are always going up yet what they pay for seems to be less each time.

another crap thing about HBF is you cant get the amount they pay automatically deducted when u pay. Ie, say u go to the physio, u need to pay the full amount and then claim back (either stand in a queue or post in) a form. others offer the ability to just have it deducted at the PoS and you just pay the difference.
                        MBF Pay $250 per year for optic's - my wife uses it.. however, I dont..
                        She picks any frames she wants, the full $250 goes towards it.. if you can get lenses and frames for less than $250 - no out of pocket.. otherwise you just pay the difference..

What you're looking for is called " HI-CAPS " and I use it on my health insurance, you just swipe your card.. they bill the health insurance company.. and you pay any difference if there is ( i.e. $20 etc.. or the gap )

I love it, dont know what i'd do without it.. cos cueing up for your money back sucks balls !

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                          I'm with Medibank Private and pay about $80 a month, for that i get reasonable cover but one i never use
                          Recently married??? Who is Carly with?? maybe join her fund, instead of her joining yours, that way you get to keep any privleges you may have.

I pay $240 a month for HBF family cover, DINC's pay less with HBF, I'm sure the other funds would offer something along those lines.

Comment

I changed from medibank private to MBF recently. Yep, sure is a head fuck to workout who provides the best deal. Same situation as you, recently married my wife rang around most of them one day as we plan on trying for kids next year so had to decide on one to be in it for 12 mths in case a bub comes along. Also managed to transfer the benefits accrued with medibank.

Comment

interesting thread as i was about to give hbf another $770 for me for the year and in a month another $770 for the husband...

my have to look into the mbf..

where do u go to claim and enquire??

NOT ONLY BOYS HAVE KICK ASS TOYS

Comment

Working...
                              X