Rain Water Tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Water Tanks?

Anyone got a compact rainwater tank in their suburban property? Thinking of putting in one of those compact fibreglass, 2mx1m style tanks in the garden and wondered where people had got them from, any good deals, prices, recommendations... Seen a few through google, but not many prices... most places seem to cater for the larger storage market.
    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

EDIT: - Oops sorry - mum and dad had one for sale BUT I just found out its sold
    Last edited by NikyNoo; 08-01-2008, 07:35 AM. Reason: cos no one in my family tells me anything

Comment

Rota Moulding in midvale do the slim line tanks, made from polyethelene, will out last a fibreglass tank 10 fold and poly is resistant to mould algae etc.

Comment

Bunnings.

Comment

We have a 1100 L tank at my parents place. To be honest... I wish we had 2. Those things are awesome, and the 1100L just doesn't last through the summer, although it overflows after just one big rain. Unfortunately they're too heavy, and I think it's cracked the cement in that area. I don't know why, it's just a ton of water.......

We got ours from Bunnings, which have a selection of metal and plasticy ones.
          Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Yep Bunnings is the go for the small domestic sized ones. You need to go to one of the bigger stores to get a reasonable selection.

Another option is "Tankswest" and although they are a more agricultural company, they do do a range of 'slimline' tanks which may be suitable.

Comment

IS there still a State Government rebate for installing rain water tanks?

Anyone know the "Rules" behind claiming the rebate?

Comment

check this site out, i'm doing some research into these at the moment, as it would be great for the garden and some parts of the house. Perth: Water Tanks Perth WA Suppliers
                :awesome:

Comment

also tankmasta underground ones are good as they can be installed under a driveway and are capable of supporting the concrete and a vehicle, which means no lost space in the garden and it's kept cool and out of sight... Water tanks : Tankmasta Water tanks

the previous site i listed is organising to get them shipped from the east as there isn't a dealer here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Team_750Z View Post
                    also tankmasta underground ones are good as they can be installed under a driveway and are capable of supporting the concrete and a vehicle, which means no lost space in the garden and it's kept cool and out of sight... Water tanks : Tankmasta Water tanks

the previous site i listed is organising to get them shipped from the east as there isn't a dealer here yet.
                    wouldnt it be better to install them under grass or pavers, just so that if they need to be dug up at least you dont have to dig up concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by Team_750Z View Post

Yep I saw those.. definitely good, but a bit pricey for my needs, especially factoring the costs for excavation. If I was building, an underground tank would be in in a heartbeat.

I think the govt. rebate is still goingm but I don't think it was much for the residential size tanks? Will have to look into it.
                      I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

Its a typical local govt scam.

Under 2000L its $50 . Wooo hoo !

Over 2000L its $500 .... not bad, but the catch is, it needs to be hooked up into your laundry and toilet, and considering i live on a hill, and the tank be in the bottom left corner of the property, it would cost me a bucketload ... 500bux ?.

Oh and we (govt) care about our water supply dont we ... of course. What a load of bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by Foofie Foofie View Post

Over 2000L its $500 .... not bad, but the catch is, it needs to be hooked up into your laundry and toilet, and considering i live on a hill, and the tank be in the bottom left corner of the property, it would cost me a bucket load ... 500bux ?.

Oh and we (govt) care about our water supply don't we ... of course. What a load of bollox.
                          Yes as said small ones don't get much back and they need to be plumbed in "by a licenced plumber" so you can't do it yourself
                          Stratco had a good range when we looked a while back and they were the oval Poly ones and the prices were quite reasonable
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Foofie Foofie View Post
                            Yep ... great incentive. Ohhhhhh yeah.

Comment

i have ot get my driveway redone so i would consider it. and also some paving out the back. but otherwise one on my back wall.

i'll be looking into it further. and will post pictures if i get one in, and also my research.

Comment

Working...
                              X